Hi I am new

Options
I am 51 and had Lap Band surgery on July 26th. I am doing well so far. I try not to focus on the numbers since I have so much to lose. As long as I am losing the amount is not important, right now. It is not easy but I have great support. For anyone who feels that Bariatic surgery is taking the easy way out do some research before you talk. This is not easy. It is still dieting but with a medically assisted tool. A tool that if you don't use wisely it won't work. I look forward to making some friends and supporting those who are on this same weight loss journey.

Replies

• dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right. Welcome. I've never had to experience any surgery, but I know people who have had it done and who have gone back to their nasty bad habits and the surgery failed. You can do it! Good for you in taking the first step. Laura:flowerforyou:
  • juliepoe208
    juliepoe208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, that is awesome! Are you glad you had the Lap Band version? I am happy for you. My husband had the full Duodenal Switch 9 years ago and has kept the weight off. I am still struggling with my weight and have thought about doing the Lap Band. Today is only day 2 for me on here and so far so good. I am not allowed to have the surgery until after February of next year as I had a hysterectomy this year, so the doctors won't allow me yet. I figured now is a great time to really work on myself. Nice to meet you.
    Julie Poe, King George, VA:smile: