What is a girl to drink?

Options
I work nights, and have 4 kids to deal with all day. I sleep less than 4 hours per day on average. I HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO KEEP ME GOING....

In the past, I have drank Diet Pepsi and coffee with truvia and cream. I am trying to cut back and do better. I drink at least 100 oz of water every day, so please don't tell me to drink more water.

Diet Pepsi or Coffee ???

Thank you for your advice and positive statements in advance. Negative statements need not be left.

Replies

• Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I drink both
    I just limit myslef to 1 can per day + 1 coffee. or 2 coffes no coke.
    I'm not saying its the maximum you can have or anything like that,
    just try to drink as little as possible (I mean don't drink it for the taste, just for the energy)
    Also, if you are eating about 1200 kcals and especially if you don't eat back exercise kcals or you are quite active during the day, you might be extra tired just because you are not eating enough. So you might want to up your calories.

Good luck with those kids, sounds like you have crazy busy life
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I drink Dr. Pepper 10. Really tastes like a real soda with just 10 calories. I've lost 88 lbs. in the last year, so it seems to be okay. I also love coffee with Truvia.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Why not both? I enjoy two or three cans of Diet Pepsi a day, along with several cups of coffee. I prefer it black, but there's no problem with adding cream as long as you log it.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with skimmed milk.

As a single parent to 3 I refuse to give up my coffee!
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for energy as in caffeine to help you get through the day, one of my neighbors swears by the Zero Calorie Monster Drinks. Personally I cannot drink them because of a heart conditions, they are also VERY sweet :(. i gave up Diet Coke as when I started this journey I began noticing a trend between consumption of Diet Coke and the want/need to snack MORE. I drink coffee but I prefer it black, and I drink a ton of unsweet tea and like you a lot of water. Not sure that was any help.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Water.

or procure some methylated amphetamine salts.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    or procure some methylated amphetamine salts.

What on earth are "methylated amphetamine salts"? It almost sounds, er, illegal lol!
  • braga1992
    Options
    meth amphetamine? Lol
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    I know that most people prefer to not "waste" their calories on drinks, but what if you buy orange juice and dilute it, or make your own? it should give you some boost because of the natural & artificial sugars
  • michcmb
    Options
    Green Tea and Water are probably the healthiest things you can drink. Green Tea will give you a great boost of energy and it is magic for your metabolism. I love it.