Would you like to be support buddies? :-)

Options
Hi fellow myfitnesspals,

I've been using MFP off and on for a while. I started to use this site as a way to track what I eat and how much I work out - as a lone activity. I'm not very used to receiving or requesting support from people - usually do things on my own, in just about every facet of my life. I've heard from many people, sources, etc. (including MFP) that doing this with friends and with support helps people be successful in losing weight and keeping it off. I guess that is my long winded way of seeing if any of you would a) want to help support me and b) want me to help support you?

I've already lost 30 pounds and have 30 more I want to lose. I know what I need to do, how to eat, work out plans, all that jazz, I just don't always do it. I know I need more self control, self motivation and whatnot, but maybe some outside help will help? :)

Thanks for reading this and considering :)

Cheryl

Replies

• swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am a loner usually as well. I workout by myself and enjoy the time alone. That being said, however, I do enjoy having and giving support on this. You may friend me if you'd like and I am on everyday.
  • sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm a lone wolf too! In terms of workout as it's "me time" no kids, no work and no phone.
  • c_luise
    c_luise Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I send a request. Loners unite!
  • c_luise
    c_luise Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks, sempertracy. Aside from not really having anyone to work out with, I don't feel comfortable to work out around other people, even, or more so especially, in a crowded gym. Makes me feel insecure when I am around fit people working out..