HELP!!

Options
Hiya all!!

I need some advice please, been dieting since mid Jan 2012 and lost 35lbs by dieting myself and exercising 3-4 times a week however for the last 8 weeks I have not moved apart from the odd lb on or off but basically same consistent weight!!

Is driving me mad, I eat healthily (although admittedly I do allow myself a drink at the weekend) nothing has changed but gone is the consistent 2lb weight loss a week and now wont budge! Clothes are becoming looser so body is changing but I have a wedding next year where I am bridesmad and ANY advice gratefully received!!

Thank you

Karen

Replies

• alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'd advise ignoring your scale. The people at the wedding won't know your current weight, so why does it matter? If you are losing inches then you are doing it right and you will look better. Congratulations on getting healthier.
  • chefmiller
    chefmiller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Up the intesity on your work out and the time by a few minutes. Keep a food journal to see what you are really eating and then go from there. we eat more calories than we think. All those little taste add up after awhile
  • abac30
    abac30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to trick your body. If you do the same routine the possibility of being stuck is huge. If you change up your routine a little bit it may help. I also suggest adding a day or 2 of working out.

Hi intensity interval training is great. Lifting low weight for high repititions without breaks between each lift is a great way to tone up and lose weight. Finally yes ignore the scale. If your cloths are fitting better then you are doing something right.
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I stayed at the same weight for almost 7 months and I worked out 5 days a week for an hour each time. And I thought I was eating smaller portions so I was good. It was not until I started logging everything a few months ago, that I started to lose weight. You dont realize all the calories your eating, until you see them added up!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Hiya all!!

I need some advice please, been dieting since mid Jan 2012 and lost 35lbs by dieting myself and exercising 3-4 times a week however for the last 8 weeks I have not moved apart from the odd lb on or off but basically same consistent weight!!

Is driving me mad, I eat healthily (although admittedly I do allow myself a drink at the weekend) nothing has changed but gone is the consistent 2lb weight loss a week and now wont budge! Clothes are becoming looser so body is changing but I have a wedding next year where I am bridesmad and ANY advice gratefully received!!

Thank you

Karen

Try changing something. Eat more, work out more..do both. Make some changes. Everything works. Nothing works forever.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I found that happening with me. I figured I am gaining muscle weight, and I'm loosing inches so I guess all is okay!! :)
  • dwndecker
    dwndecker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! For starters, congrats on the 35lb loss!! :) Second, I agree with the people that said to log your food and to change your workout up. Don't get discouraged! Your body has to catch up to your new weight loss. Also, are you adjusting your calories to your new weight or still eating the same number that helped you lose the 35 lbs.? Your BMR and BMI will both have changed so you will need to adjust your intake. Also, are your eating the calories you burn in your workouts? Try changing that too! :) Best of luck and don't give up!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!

I recently plateaued...for nearly 4 months. So, I changed my caloric intake based on my TDEE (which means I ate 500+ more calories per day for a month) and I came off the plateau FINALLY! So, I can't say what exactly will work or you, but this worked for me. Sometimes I think my body just needed some time to adjust but I am no physiological expert. lol
  • emilygh1974
    emilygh1974 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    measurements?
  • emilygh1974
    emilygh1974 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ritacise21 gave me THE BEST advice and I am starting today with it. She said: "I would suggest you figure out your BMR and TDEE, use this link or do an internet search, http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx For the exercise, I usually exercise 6-7 days, but I use 5-6 on the calculator. When you have both numbers multiply the higher (TDEE) by .80, 80%. Compare that to your BMR, and eat around there. Custom set your goal on MFP to be that number, and DO NOT eat any exercise calories back. Give it 2 weeks and see what happens. If it does not work for you then try something else, but most people seem to do great this way."
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What really has been helping me lately is that I stopped snacking on bad stuff. The stuff was fitting into my calorie/carb/fat/etc. allowance, but it wasn't necessarily "good" food. When I went shopping, I bought more fruits and veggies to snack on, and it has really helped me get off of this plateau I've been on. Try changing up what you're eating. Start by replacing not-so-good snacks one at a time with a fruit or veggie.

Edited to add: Make sure you are watching your sodium intake carefully! It does make a difference!
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I also stopped taking a "bite of this" and a "bite of that"..... all those little bites add up and you don't even realize it!