Your favorite coffee?

Options

Replies

• just1jules
    just1jules Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    buy a FrenchPress. Trust me it is amazing and the best way to brew coffee. They usually run anywhere starting at 24$ - 40$ depending what size you purchase. I have a Boudin press, it is the medium size and I got it for about 30$. One thing to note when selecting the right size - for instance the one I have says it brews 8 cups of coffee however this must mean european cups because in AMERICAN cups what that really means is about 3-4 MUGS of coffee :D Not those small like prissy teacup coffee size. (No offense meant to the euros out there) Because french pressing is the best and one of the most purist way of brewing coffee I've learned to love to drink it black no cream and maybe just a bit of splenda in it. MMMM.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    For me it's pretty simple.

I have an el-cheapo Mr. Coffee drip maker at the office (4-cups).

The "secret" is that I have a good coffee grinder (blade type) and I have found that ShopRite (local supermarket) Whole Bean coffee is not too shabby. I grind beans every morning for coffee and fresh ground coffee I find is vastly superior to instant or the stuff in a big can.
    You don't have to spend a ton on an expensive coffee maker to get good coffee. Grind whole beans fresh each time you brew. I've had the same grinder for 20+ years. I use kroger store brand beans. It's delish and nothing beats the smell of fresh ground beans that fills your kitchen.
  • bekinator
    Options
    keurig sucks in my opinion. it's so controlled & there's no way i can make my coffee the way i want it; sometimes i like it darker, or stronger, or more bitter, and i love to try different roasts & blends from different coffeemakers.

if u can't get an espresso machine (i finally just got one for a wedding gift, $250 @ bed bath n beyond) that u can also control, then i would definitely recommend a french press. u can control not only what coffee you choose, but also the factors in your preparation.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    We always drank Community Coffee with Chicory made in a percolator. We've since given up coffee and now brew Teeccino. It's herbal, no caffeine and no acidity. Unfortunately it has more calories than coffee so I'm down to only one cup a day.
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i get delivery also BocaJava. Bananas Foster Float and Caramel Kiss mixed or alone. Fav from gas station is Dark Roast.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    We do mostly Green Mountain and New England brand coffees for both Keurig and drip machines.

The Starbucks Via (instant) iced caramel is reeeaaallly good too.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    To me, nothing beats Douwe Egberts (Dutch) coffee.. Awesome!!
    Unfortunately, except for the pods for my Senseo maker, I can only get it by ordering off the internet.
    Blue Mountain (Jamaican) runs a close second..
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love going to The Fresh Market and buying the coffee that you grind in store. I only buy a little since I don't drink coffee regularly(weekdays) anymore. So it's always fresh and I can try new coffee often.
  • bekinator
    bekinator Posts: 103
    Options
    if u buy lavazza or intelligentsia, i promise u won't regret it (-:
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a keurig and my favorite is green mountain hazelnut decaf. I drink it with a tablespoon of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. So yummy.
  • LouLoulost
    LouLoulost Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If you got to a cuban market or a mexican market- you might find an expresso maker , it looks like a little silver perkalator.
    it mkes like 6 shots at a time and you can use a sweetner or add a shot to 6 oz.nonfatmilk and a sweetner and make a latte.
  • beautiful31mom
    beautiful31mom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love me some Johan..LOL! To bad he doesn't come and rub my feet. Gevalia coffee is my favorite.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Is it hot? Is it coffee?

If the answer is yes to both, then it's my favorite.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have a keurig and have several favs, but right now digging millstone hazelnut cream MMMmmmmMMMmm!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yemen Mohka, hands down
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Starbucks ground coffee for your perk machine (or keurig, if you have the brew-your-own k-cup) in the flavour Veranda blend. Its a smooth blend, and has some nice flavour too it. Also really good is the Van Houtte Butterscotch and Van Houtte Vanilla and Hazelnut ground coffee. hmmm Yum!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I french press or drink Cool Brew coffee.
    Acid reflux issues if I drink regular coffee.
    With the no acid varieties I can get away with no cream or sugar!!!!
    Cuz it tastes so much better!!!!
  • mitzhogue
    mitzhogue Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually get Pikes Place or Italian Roast from Starbucks... sometimes the Bay Blend from Trader Joes... I always grind at home on finest grind with my burr grinder and then make the most beautiful cup using the pour over method.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coffee snob (I save that for beer) so I just have a Keurig. My favorites for that are:

Green Mountain Coffee Sumatran Reserve
    Green Mountain Coffee Dark Magic
    Coffee People Jet Fuel
  • lucy2fat
    Options
    I have a Bun coffee maker and I use Dunkin donuts origanal blend However the best coffee Ive had is Hawiian hazelnut from the Bad *kitten* coffee company