Running in cooler weather

Options
I am a new runner. I have graduated from Couch 2 5K and now I am doing Bridge to 10K. Today is the first day I have ran since it became cooler and I noticed that my sinus cavity became so dry it burned when I inhale. I had to use Simply Saline when I came into the house. Has anyone experienced this? How do you handle it?

Replies

• Jocosase
    Jocosase Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Interesting.....I notice that my sinus don't get dry (at least I don't think they do) but it feels like a slight burning sensation....probably from the cold. I just started jogging too.

I'd like to see what others have to say on this subject.
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That happens to me when I haven't consumed enough water. Try drinking water the day before you run, especially the night before. Also the winter air is dry so you may need to moisturize your nose before you head out.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem but my throat gets really dry. I usually am raspy for a day or so afterwards!!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    my ears hurt a lot in the cold when i am running. not sure why but i ran last night and they hurt today.
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    That happens to me when I haven't consumed enough water. Try drinking water the day before you run, especially the night before. Also the winter air is dry so you may need to moisturize your nose before you head out.
    This ^
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my ears hurt too. I wore a knit hat that I could pull over my ears this morning and that helped. Of course it wasnt bitterly cold here. My mouth/throat got dry too. I guess I didn't consume enough water prior so I drank a lot when I got home.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Aww damn, I wish I had cooler weather to run in. It's currently 85 degrees!