LUNA Bars

Options
Does anybody else eat these?

I had my first one this week as my lunch, and I absolutely loved it! I bought two more, but haven't yet had another one.

Replies

• RaeBella13
    Options
    I've had them before...they're pretty good! The chocolate one was YUMMMMMY!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    How many calories are in them? Are they filling?
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I love them. I found that they sell them at Bed Bath and Beyond in the Beyond section for $.99 and you can use those 20% off cupons on them! I LOVE that place!:love::laugh: :wink:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I get them from Target. They are 180 calories I believe with a good amount of protien and fiber
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    They also sell them at my Kroger, they have a white chocolate macademia nut...YUM!! They usually run them on sale for $1 I have noticed
  • LMS3386
    LMS3386 Posts: 16
    Options
    I tried the Lemon Zest one, and bought the S'Mores and Nutz Over Chocolate one. I was surprised how good it was for a nutrition bar, and how filling it was! I had it was an apple, also.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Nutz over chocolate is my favorite!!, I too, have one with an apple lots of times after my workout, or before, depends on the time. I looked over them pretty good too, because in some of those bars, they sneak in hydrogenated oils...and I hate buying a box and finding that in there...even 0.5 % is too much for me, when I know how hard I have to work to get this fat off:laugh: :laugh:
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love the nutz over chocolate ones and have tried a couple of sunrise ones, they are good for a breakfast substitute. I also use them for a snack between lunch and dinner since I commute a ways and don't eat until 7 or so. Tried the caramel nut brownie one, really didn't like it, it was trying too hard to be sweet and had a lot more fat. Check them out, the nutz over chocolate has more than a sunrise one.

Even my boyfriend likes them!!

Target has them by the box and they come out to less that $1 each.
  • jclyndiv
    jclyndiv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, hooked!! I love the PB ones and the Nuts and Cranberry flavors... Yum!
  • det3386
    det3386 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    the Chocolate peppermint stick is also really delish if you like mint!!
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    I eat these fairly regularly. Although geared towards women they are just as good for guys the high folic acid is why its towards women
  • LMS3386
    Options
    the Chocolate peppermint stick is also really delish if you like mint!!

I had that one last night-yum :)
  • hjmygatt
    Options
    I love LUNA bars! They are great for snacks, or small meals. Just discovered LUNA Minis.... 80 cals and yummy. Perfect snack for me after the gym and before dinner! I found the minis at Target.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    They are yummy for sure, like a candy bar. I will now only indulge occasionally because of the sugar content. Great for a treat when you need to get some more calories in.
  • iamprettyshort
    Options
    I tried one before, it was the Lemon Zest kind (I think that's what it's called), I personally didn't like that particular flavor, the lemon was too overpowering! But I would love to try the other flavors sometime. :)
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Nom nom nom :) I love the s'mores flavor the best! I have tried nutz over chocolate and caramel nut brownie, also great. I tried one of the "breakfast" ones, bluberry bliss, and it was good too! I like the chocolate ones better though :) A great on the go breakfast or afternoon snack to keep you going.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered these. There are flavors I love (Chocolate Peppermint, Caramel Nut Brownie, and Chocolate Raspberry) and flavors I don't care for very much.

I like to eat them as a way to satisfy a chocolate craving. To me, it's so much better than something like a sugar free pudding cup because it actually has nutritional value. However, I don't think it's a fantastic idea to use them as meal replacement or the like on a regular basis. Just because... I personally like real food over heavily processed food (which I guess is also "real" but not in the same way. :laugh:).
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oh and also -- they're making a new higher protein bar, too (12g). They are *so much* better than an of the other bars I've tried with comparable protein amounts (and fewer calories, too). Yum.
  • meganeinaz
    Options
    Luna Bars are awesome, but I wouldnt recommend eating *only* a Luna bar for lunch... that's not enough!