Women who have a crease across their belly

Options
2»

Replies

• alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    II can understand why you ask as you worked so hard and boy does it show- you look great and wow to all the weight loss and exercise as your body looks fab!:happy: I think it is just toning and lose that last bit you feel you need to lose....you have given me hope as I have big pot belly from being obese but looking at ur body I have hope that blob...well big blob will go....can i ask what u do for ur stomach to help lose weight and tone up...:bigsmile:

I just do whatever Jillian Michaels tells me to do lol... I started at Curves then they closed then I got the 30 Day Shred finished that and now I'm on the Ripped in 30... I got one week until my new dvd (which I have no clue what It will be yet.....

She does A LOT of planking... and my abs/ribs are ALWAYS hurting... (which is good i think).... I'm just glad other people have this problem and have been able to fix it... I will continue to work until I get that flat tummy!!!!!!!!! :)
  • pattimelz
    pattimelz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    once you have a baby your stomach will never be that flat with out a tummy tuck the skin stretches and the muscles sort of shred inside..The plastic surgeon I went to can usually remove the stretch marks and tighten the ab wall . My surgeon calls it a mommy tummy ...this also is the same for someone who was very over weight and never had a baby .
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alicia0416
    Options
    once you have a baby your stomach will never be that flat with out a tummy tuck the skin stretches and the muscles sort of shred inside..The plastic surgeon I went to can usually remove the stretch marks and tighten the ab wall . My surgeon calls it a mommy tummy ...this also is the same for someone who was very over weight and never had a baby .

I've never had kids.. but I was VERY overweight before... A size 22 at 5'6..... I'm just gonna keep sweating my butt off with these workouts!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get there....
  • pinkfluff79
    pinkfluff79 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have this crease as well. I think you hit it on the head when you said it looks like you were wearing pants that a few sized too small. I am hoping this goes away too with working out lifting weights.
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    I have that too.. like I have 2 bellies and its driving me completely crazy :)
    no matter what i wear I always have this 'muffin top' thing..
    I do CLX now I hope its gonna get better :/
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    i'm 20, a size 6, train 6 times a week, and my abs are coming through. I've always had a little line going across my stomach, from where i sit down. Even when people sit down, their stomach comes our slightly. Maybe i should learn to sit up straighter? :P
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump! I so have this!?argh!? & wana know how to fix it! I hate my muffin top! ;(
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sure can. H/O a second....

68f9eb04.jpg

versus my profile pic now.

It's your posture. I can almost gaurantee you.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What the original poster shows in her pix is what a lot of peoples' GOAL tummies would be, seriously! It looks pretty flat to me, honestly. We women are supposed to have a little bit of a curve there anyway, even when fit and of normal weight. Plus the very real fact that some of us store a bit more fat there naturally, even with workouts and diet - just the way we're built and in order to get a fatless tummy we often have to go much stricter than it's worth because then the rest of the body gets wa-ay too thin. On the other hand, many pear-shaped women have very flat tummies with hardly doing anything for exercise and not being totally strict with their diets either. All that said, it still boils down to tightening up diet for a lot of people to get rid of the last bit of chub on the tummy, along with intense cardio, assuming one is also hitting the weights solidly.
    On the crease when sitting down issue - Very few people's tummies are flat and creaseless even when they're sitting. Or if you see a picture of such a situation, usually it's been Photoshopped to death. If they actually do have that creaseless tummy when sitting, then usually they're quite underweight.
  • alicia0416
    Options
    Well I have to say I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made me feel "normal" LOL... and you guys are right...... :)

I'm just gonna keep on toning my tummy as much as possible and NOT lose too much weight!!!!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't see what you're talking about in the pictures... the little stomach puff thing?

YUP.....

wow. I long for the day when this is the greatest of my concerns! You look great. Start looking for evidence that you look great and have done an awesome job dropping from 220 lbs, rather than focusing on the one little bit of evidence (that only you see) that you're still not perfect. The rest of us think you look amazing!