A word of advice about Insanity

Options
So I got myself the Insanity workout program, and it`s real hard work!! The thing is I made a big mistake and I wanna let all of you know so the same thing doesn't happend to you.

I`ve never been a really "sporty" peson though I keep my self active , and this Insanity workout is INTENSE, so after the first 2 weeks of it I had hurt one of my knees bad, I had to stop ALL kinds of excersises for 2 weeks :frown: , after that the only thing I could do was the elliptical for 2 more weeks and just yesterday I started doing a full work out again...
I`m now doing the "Slim in 6" program it`s quite a difference from the Insanity but it does work too, I plan on doing the Slim in 6 as a prep and then give the Insanity another try...

So I just wanted to let you all know what happend to me, just for being unpatient and doing a workout that was too much for me: I lost 4 full weeks of work out and of course I didn´t lose any pounds during that time! :angry:

If any of you are thinking about doing the Insanity make sure you are in top shape and rady for it, if not I would recommend
starting out with some other program or any excercise so you don`t get hurt like I did

:happy:

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    it looked like a sure way to hurt yourself in the commercials! thank you for the warning and I hope you will be alright!:smile:
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice... I agree 100%
    I started with P90X last year and tore my shoulder up pretty good trying to keep up with those maniacs.
    I recommend people really look to start where they belong with a program and work their way up.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Insanity even says in its informercial something about if you aren't fit then you won't be able to do it. That is what turned me off.

Plus they show really fit people struggling with it...I am nowhere near really fit, so I wasn't going to do it.

Regular Power 90 was nothing like P90X...I could see where you might get hurt.

Sorry you ended wasting precious time and money.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Insanity workout just yesterday. I knew it looked pretty intense & hope I can keep up. I am pretty much in shape, but I suppose I will find out how in shape when it gets here. I looked over the different ones and was considering the Slim in 6, but didn't know which one to get!
  • MereBear_81
    MereBear_81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is definitely not for beginning exercisers! When I started Insanity, I had been working out consistently for 2 years (including a round of Slim in 6, P90, 2 rounds of P90X, a round of P90X+, and a round of ChaLEAN Extreme). Insanity still kicked my behind. My advice to people is to GO AT YOUR OWN PACE. Do not worry about keeping up with the people on the video. If something is too high impact, modify it, even if that means just jogging in place. It's an amazing program, but do not push yourself so hard that you injure yourself!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yes, Insanity is TOUGH!!!! I've been using P90X for a few years and am also a runner and it was a tough program for me! But... it makes you push yourself to your limits and I got great results from it!

Definitely not for beginning exercisers!!

Jess
  • nataliamay
    Options
    Hi! good thing you got the Insanity cause the Slim in 6 is soooo boring, they speak very slowly and there's no energy so it seems longer than it is and... just very boring. :yawn:

So good thing you got the Insanity, just be careful and make sure you take care of your posture while doing it so you don't hurt yourself, having a big mirror close it's quite helpful.

Good luck! hope you're getting good results! :happy:
  • nataliamay
    Options
    I ordered the Insanity workout just yesterday. I knew it looked pretty intense & hope I can keep up. I am pretty much in shape, but I suppose I will find out how in shape when it gets here. I looked over the different ones and was considering the Slim in 6, but didn't know which one to get!

Hi! good thing you got the Insanity cause the Slim in 6 is soooo boring, they speak very slowly and there's no energy so it seems longer than it is and... just very boring. :yawn:

So good thing you got the Insanity, just be careful and make sure you take care of your posture while doing it so you don't hurt yourself, having a big mirror close it's quite helpful.

Good luck! hope you're getting good results!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I did that with running. Thought hey....I feel great!! and ran the full mile. WRONG....the c2fk has it right in working your way up to running.

my dear departed mom used to say "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Reading this made me glad I consulted with a team beachbody coach before ordering. I just ordered power 90 by his recommendation, then I will move on to p90x. Thats a huge investment, IMHO.

Jeannie~I like that quote!
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes! Insanity is kicking my butt and I've been in athletics my entire life, even played college basketball all 4 years! I've done 2 half ironmans, marathons, and so on and i still die during these videos!
    Go at your own pace. It might take a couple rounds to get where they are, but the payoff will be great!
    I still have to modify some of the moves. I'm 5'10" and some of those moves are just not for people with long legs! :laugh: