Dirty Looks from old ladies

Options
runnermama81
runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
I take my 18 month old daughter on my runs all the time in a running stroller. I love it and she loves it. I can't figure out though why I seem to get dirty looks from old ladies driving their cars while I'm running. I always have her dressed weather appropriately and bring along water for her and me. I just don't get it. Why are people so rude?? GRRR.. my daily rant...

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I take my 18 month old daughter on my runs all the time in a running stroller. I love it and she loves it. I can't figure out though why I seem to get dirty looks from old ladies driving their cars while I'm running. I always have her dressed weather appropriately and bring along water for her and me. I just don't get it. Why are people so rude?? GRRR.. my daily rant...

Resentful that they didn't have such cool things when their children were babies, or they find it frivolous. Maybe they think you could spend your time morfe wisely in the kitchen?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    because they are stupid *** **** faces.

but that's just speculation.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    because they are stupid *** **** faces.

but that's just speculation.

More then likely this.
  • JeannetteMarie51
    Options
    Hey, I'm an old lady and I certainly don't hand out dirty looks to the gals running, jogging, or walking with toddlers, I think it is great. I am more in awe that you do it. Keep it up, you are showing great motivation to other mothers, us elderly ladies, and setting a prime example for your own children.

I applaud your efforts and stand in awe.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    maybe you should leave the breast pump at home next time....just sayin :P
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Heeeheee!! I needed this laugh today!!
  • Adrianovski
    Options
    Ignore what people may think, they just hold you back.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

Heeeheee!! I needed this laugh today!!

Happy to help anyone smile :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm an old lady!! And I certainly wouldn't give anyone doing that dirty looks!!! They sound like a bunch crabby post menopausal ladies in severe need of some exercise and fresh air!!! That's what happens when you let yourself get old before your time!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Guess what? Maybe thats just the way the "Old Ladies" faces look? Maybe they are not giving you purposeful dirty looks?
    Maybe they were trying to see you better, so they were squinting their eyes.. ?? Just a thought.