Slow and Steady.....the ONLY way to go! (pic)

Options
Although I am not new to weightloss, I am fairly new to the boards. Long story short, I've been fighting obesity the majority of my adult life. Started 2012 at my highest weight ever....272.8. Not a number I am proud of. :frown: In all honesty, up until September, I wasn't giving this new way of life 100% of my effort. Since I got back on track in September, I have lost about 12# and a total of about 26# since the beginning of the year. I know this doesn't seem like a lot, but those 26# have been strictly modifications to my diet. I remember an old computer teacher explaining programming as simple...."garbage in garbage out." I believe this can also be applied to the human body. Exercise is still something that I struggle with, but I know that this too will come in time.

The main reason I decided to post this was to give those that are struggling hope. The scale doesn't always give you the entire picture. Look at what I've accomplished just by watching what I eat! Even if you can't exercise on a regular basis because of health reasons or simply because it hurts to move, you can still monitor what you eat and be successful. I hope this encourages all that are struggliing with the evil scale to keep at it. Take a picture.....compare it to where you started. I bet you'll see the changes! Good luck!

8156435_7919.jpg

Replies

• hjeniferw
    hjeniferw Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I see the difference! Congratulations!
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    GREAT post. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can totally see a difference! Congratulations on your wonderful attitude of the slow and steady method. To me, that's the best way to be and keep it off. You're doing great!!
  • futuremarathoner81
    Options
    There are definite differences between the photos! Keep up the good work!! :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • lilys80
    lilys80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful and inspiring, great work!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Your shape is definitely changing :) Your looking good :)
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt, there is a difference. Keep on going; you are doing great. Remember, we will all be here for you.
  • mazzer16
    Options
    I can also see the difference Congratulations
  • 300poundsdown
    Options
    You're doing great! That is awesome!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! keep going strong!!!!
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Congratulations!!! thanks for the inspiration :bigsmile:
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Keep doing what your doing cause it is sho' nuff payin' off! Looking good gurlfriend lookin' good...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!