6 Week Body Makeover

Options
Curious if anyone here is following the 6 Week Body Makeover program... If so, how do you like it?

Replies

• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have done it...when I got it...mind you this was like in 2003...paid all that money for nothing. :frown: It was very confusing when it came to "customizing" your plan and "blueprint" I didn't like it therefore I didn't succeed. and still all this time later...trying to get rid of my weight. Grrr...:grumble:

Good luck to you and what ever method works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • vas0821
    Options
    I started SWBM in May 2007 and lost 100 lbs over the next year. I was INCREDIBLY committed and adapted my lifestyle so that I could be successful. I cooked every Sunday and pre-portioned all of my food. I packed my breakfast, lunch, and snacks to work everyday. It was a good program and because of my deep commitment to it, I saw results.

However . . . you knew there was a "but", didn't you? Over the course of the next 5 years, I gained nearly every pound back. As life threw me curveballs, I was unable to keep up the regimen of shopping, cooking, pre-portioning, hauling all my food with me. I spent this past 2-1/2 years travelling weekly for my job and found myself eating out or at best eating conveniently (quick grab-n-go meals) from the grocery store.

Now that I've been using MFP for 4 months (and lost 31 lbs), what I realize is that while SWBM gave me the results that I wanted, it did very little to help me to alter my lifestyle. As long as I was "in control" of my food options, eating exactly what was recommended and kept on schedule with 5 meals a day (2-3 oz of protein each meal), I was golden. The minute that I had to sit in a restaurant and make choices, I fell apart.

What I love about MFP is that no matter where I am, I always have access to the Food Database. I log everything and I've learned how to make choices. I don't deprive myself of anything because I know how to fit my favorites into my daily allowances. I was at a wedding this weekend and managed to stay under my calorie goal even with a glass of wine and piece of cake! I have MFP on my iPhone, my iPad, on my favorites toolbar on both laptops. I can make a decent selection from ANY menu and I don't fall apart, lose focus, give up, or feel guilty in any way.

If you haven't purchased SWBM, don't waste your money. If you have, then try to follow the suggested food combinations and the fitness routines but log everything into MFP. What SWBM might do for you is to help you to learn how your body works. This may give you some insight as to how to modify the suggested macro-nutrient goals from MFP to fit you. You have to find what works for YOU.

I assessed myself as a body type "A" back in 2007. What I found is that I over-indulged in carbs and not the fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains kind. I learned things about food choices and alternative options through SWBM that I still use today. "Eat the fruit" rather than "drink the juice". Weigh and measure your portions because your eyes lie to your brain. Spice up your cooking because no one likes bland steamed boring anything and we don't need to sacrifice flavor to lose weight. In a way I still basically follow the eating plan of SWBM but now I have so many more choices. MFP has helped me to manage those choices so much better.

Plus I find inspriration from the other MFPers in these forums. I don't usually actively participate but so many people on here inspire me every day. Logging my meals and water consumption holds me accountable to myself. Reading tips and success stories from other users keeps me motivated.

Good luck and good health to you no matter what you decide!
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. My husband did GREAT on SWBMO and lost over 50lbs in a short time. MInd you, he LIVED ON Hardboiled Eggs, chickenbreast, green beans and rice the entire time he was on it and never deviated! Yuck! Poor thing never had treats, or was able to really choose for himself and only ate those 4 items. Yes, healthy & clean, but BORING!

Ultimately, he gained all 50lbs back PLUS another 30 or more and now has lost 36lbs on MFP in the last 3.5 months. The other day we had pizza for dinner. In my opinion, NOT the plan to follow if you want to enjoy your life and eat normally, healthfully, but not in a restricted way for the rest of your life.

MFP Rocks!
  • stephaniecandygirl
    Options
    Sumissa wrote: »
    Curious if anyone here is following the 6 Week Body Makeover program... If so, how do you like it?

Im on it now I've also done it in the past. Ive already lost 4pounds in just 1day! I love it. Worth the money if you are serious.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Do they still sell this?