Heart Rate Monitor??

Options
Any recommendations for a good inexpensive heart rate monitor?

Replies

• Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sportline-Duo-1025-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Black/11996060

This is the one I currently have and I love it! It was cheaper in the store by about $15 and does all the stuff I wanted a HR Monitor to do. Though mine is in Grey.

So far it has worked very well for me, I have had it a little over a month now with no issues.

I will always get one with the chest band, it is very accurate. And oddly enough it tunes with the HR monitor on the Treadmill use at my Gym, showing me my HR on the machine and on my wrist. Odd bonus I suppose lol.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any experience with the Polar FT4?
    Or GSI?
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    NVM I just ordered a Garmin. :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4 and dont care for it, half the time it doesnt pick up the heart rate when doing push ups or plank exercises, etc. ive tried to troubleshoot it(tighten straps, run under water) and no luck still. now i am to the point i dont bother trying to put it on.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT4 is pretty good, I had it's predecessor, the F4, and it was great as a basic calorie monitor. I upgraded to an FT60 and got the FlowLink and I love it. Occasionally it doesn't pick up the heart rate properly, but that's either because the batteries need replacing (which I can do on this one, not on the one I used to have), or the chest strap hasn't been wet enough.

It's very motivating.

I'd suggest any of the Polar models really, whatever your budget can deal with. You aren't likely to regret it.
  • cristina_marie
    Options

This is the one I currently have and I love it! It was cheaper in the store by about $15 and does all the stuff I wanted a HR Monitor to do. Though mine is in Grey.

So far it has worked very well for me, I have had it a little over a month now with no issues.

I will always get one with the chest band, it is very accurate. And oddly enough it tunes with the HR monitor on the Treadmill use at my Gym, showing me my HR on the machine and on my wrist. Odd bonus I suppose lol.

Thanks!
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Many machines are Polar compatible, so they can pick up the heart rate being transmitted, but they are usually not very good at getting the calories calculated, even with this information.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options

I just bought this one yesterday. So far it is inline with my non chest strap one. So far so good.