Twoderville = scarey!!!

Options
paddlemom
paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
Ok, so I think I am officially in Twoderville, but I'm so not ready to declare victory yet - is that crazy??? The scale said 298.8 this morning - the second time I have see it below 300 this month - but I get so bummed when it wavers up and down, that I just can't bring myself to own that 299 number. That was my official goal weight when I started 13 months ago. So I have logged in at 300 and an officially claiming 50 lbs lost!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

I can't even remember when I last weighed that. I do remember making a "deal' with myself, once, years ago, that if I got up to 300 lbs, then I would do something about my weight!!! It then was almost like a challenge to me to gain to 300...then 310...then 320...and so on. One of you recently said that you had a defiant streak whenever you thought about controlling your eating - like you mentally fought back and ate more. That is SO what I was like!

The biggest change in the past year has been mental - changing that attitude about fighting against telling myself what I HAD to do, and also giving up coveting food (kind of like Gollum in Lord of the Rings!). My light bulb moment happened the day I went off on my husband, totally, for reaching uninvited into my can of Poppycock and taking the “big piece I was saving"!!! That's when I realized, that more than watching calories and getting up off the couch, I really had to stop treating food like a lifeline. I think I am mostly there - in fact, given that I work in a building with a Tim Horton’s on the main floor and I can pick up a coffee every day without even thinking "donut" makes me think that maybe, just maybe, this new attitude will stick!

I still have a long way to go and it's time to pick a new goal, but I think for the moment, I just need to figure out how to be ok with hitting this milestone. So I'll just keep eating well and hitting the gym until < 300 feels like the new "normal" and then I can carry on from there.

Replies

• abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    What an inspiring post! Congratulations on your success :)
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are an inspiration!
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    Congrats on those new numbers! Keep it up!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Own that number girl...I'm confident it will appear more and more often. You should be so proud of yourself, what an achievement. Keep up the fight.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Way to go Shari!!!!

That is amazing! You should be so proud of yourself.....wait until your goal is onederland!
  • viliberty
    Options
    I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work. You have the determination and drive. God Bless.
  • kbarker65
    kbarker65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Very motivational. Keep up the great work.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    Congratulations! Own that 200 number, you earned it! I know how hard it is! I like the idea of you setting smaller goals, and then setting new ones. I sort of do that.. i have a major goal, but then i set smaller ones in between, to keep me motivating and moving.

I wish you all the luck on your continued journey... keep going, you will thank yourself for it later!

Dana
  • nveltri
    nveltri Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!:happy:
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good for you hun! good for you!!! :drinker:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great job so far. You've done an amazing thing, to change how you think about something as essential as food. I'm inspired to think that someday soon I'll be able to do the same thing.

My only question is why do you now feel the need to settle into 300? You should blast on through it and tell 300 to "Kiss your butt if it can catch it, cause you ain't waitin around for nothin!!!"

Don't get comfortable where you are unless that's where you want to stay. I think the reason any of us is here is that we've been too comfortable for too long.

Again great job so far. Just don't let yourself stop trying to grab for your next goal. God bless.

ROCK ON!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    I definitely think you should just go with it.

I've been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for 3 weeks now and today I finally dropped 1.4 pounds below my previous lowest. I think the plateau is over, but at first I was really guarded about it like you -- trying not to be too happy. But then I realized I may as well celebrate it as a success and if it turns out I'm still stuck, I'll just deal with that (emotionally speaking) when the time comes. :smile:
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    Congrats!!! Thank you for sharing with us. It reminds me that I am not the only one who struggles with this.:smile:
  • firefrog4782
    Options
    Thanks for sharing with us. You are an inspiration for me! I hope to lose 34+plus pounds. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who struggles with the scale going up and down! Once again, Thanks
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouragement, everyone. After a great weekend where managed to maintain my under-300 status, I am claiming my recent success and updating my goals to move onward and downward!

For those of you, like me, who have a long way to go - I have discoverd that it really is as simple as keeping your focus on one day at a time. Your successes kind of sneak up on you rather than arriving with bells and fanfare.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!