I want to help you! Would you like my help?

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Adam, I joined this site I while back as a way for me to get to know a bit more about weight loss and getting fit from the perspective of people struggling with these. I am now coming to the end of my PT course and I really want to help as many people as I can on here!

A bit about me...ok so sport was a major part of my life growing up I played rugby and tennis and also swam for a local club. The tennis and rugby, is still a massive part of my life. I play semi-proffesional rugby and play tennis atleast 2x a week. Anyway, I realised that the business world wasnt for me, I needed something substantially more active than an office job so looked into personal training and in all honesty I think it's the best decision I ever made.

Ok so back to this....

Some people will be asking what's in it for me? Why would I be offering my time and advice....Well it's simple by helping others I get to talk to them about they're weight loss, they're experiences what they find hard, what they find easy....all these little things will hopefully help me help my clients.

So what's in it for you? Regular support and motivation. I would also like to provide a little accountability...I will send you regular messages asking how things are going, whats going well? are you sticking to your plan....this will be tailored to YOU! I am not a believer in one size fits all.

I am happy to give advice and make recommendations but I just add that I currently NOT qualified I still have a few moths to go! That said, I do kow what I am talking about. I have about 5 clients through the gym and they have all done really well. One of my clients has been losing about a stone a month, but what's more important to me is that her attitude to health and fitness has changed massively. She no longer sees everything as a diet and training as something she has to do....its all a lifestyle change. There are days when I still have to work at pushing her but there are fewer of these most sessions she doesn't want to stop until she hits the time or reps we are aiming for.

Anyway this is getting very long.....if you would like some help, support or motivation...message me

Adam

Replies

• Vicstar1977
    Options
    Awesome! Can you friend me?
    Actually I do have a question I keep forgetting to ask my trainer, can you work abs everyday or do you have to rest them in between like other muscles? Thanks :-)
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Have sent you a message trying to answer your question and will send you a friend request. If you have anymore questions PM me! :)
  • candy102389
    Options
    THIS IS GREAT I SURE NEED SOMEONE TO HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE.
  • AdamBellfpt
    Options
    I reckon I'd be able to help with that :)
  • jilllemar
    Options
    Count me in! I don't need accountability as much as support. I meet with my trainer once a week and she is great, but I get down wishing I was losing weight faster! Not to say that I want to loose it faster, because I think the way she has me doing it (2 lbs a week) is more life long, but sometimes I fee like I should be further along then 18 pounds in 8 weeks.

I guess I need someone to keep reminding me to take it slow and steady. I tend to get impatient, go crazy (cut calories and exercise A LOT, to the point that is unsustainable), then give up and gain it all back plus 20 lbs. The way she has me watching calories and working out is working and I know I need to not try to speed it up. At least I know that somewhere in the logical part of my brain. But then I step on the scale and just want that number to be lower!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Hi can I add you as a friend? I'd love your input into getting into shape for sports. I'm a 26 year old chick who plays Australian rules football. Currently in the off-season but I've just started training again to get in the best shape of my life for next season.
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    I all so would like a over the web coach ,please add me to freind list.
  • strawberru314
    strawberru314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    that sounds good
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Accountability... Need that, but don't we all? I would love a friend request!! Please. :)
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'd love a friend request, along with your help. Being accountable would surely make a difference! :smile:
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Whats with all the people with no pictures. As a rule I dont add friends without a picture, it makes me wonder.
    and yes mine is shoes right now but I have tons of pictures I put up and switch around all the time. Yes these are my feet wearing the shoes.
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I could use more friends, especially someone as knowledgeable as you are :smile:
  • AdamBellfpt
    Options
    Thank you all for all your comments etc. I am trying to make my way down the list and message everyone but it's taking me a while as lots of people have replied and mroe have PMd me! Will get to you all!