I messed up

Options
13»

Replies

• BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself. If it causes anxiety, don't do it for two weeks.

Get up and start working again. You know what you should do. Do it.

And if you still really fell guilty and depressed here is what you can do. Drop the guilt outside your door. I will pick it up tonight and get rid of it. If you drop it outside your door though, you are not allowed to have it back. Put as much as you have out there, I will also collect any self directed negativity.

Then you can get up and do what you need to do and feel good that you are doing what you need to do.

If you need I can write you a note that absolves your weekend. But for that you have to leave the guilt out by the door and look forward and not look back.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    So I've been eating very balanced, exercising well for the past six weeks and binged Friday night and kept up an unhealthy eating pattern Saturday and Sunday. i feel awful. I feel like I've worked so hard and just threw away a lot of hard work. I know it's not logical that I undid 6 weeks of great work, but it's how I feel. Now I'm trying to jump back on and I feel unmotivated and a bit hopeless. I need support and encouragement right now. Is everything going to be ok? I'm terrified to weigh myself bc I'm afraid of the damage I've done. How do I keep going when I feel like I've messed things up?

Sometimes that's a good thing. It helps break plateaus and your body will start losing again. Last time I did that, I broke a weight plateau that I was stuck at for over a month. Within a day or two of eating well again after my binge weekend, I was already down a pound from before the weekend and have been steadily losing again.
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    All of us have felt this way, once or twice before (plenty of times for me). Its ok, because the overeating actually jumpstarts your metabolism. Instead of sticking to the 1200 – 1500 calorie intake each day you just threw a curveball at your body. There is nothing wrong with that. Since you have been working really hard for 6 weeks, don’t worry your body will kick back. And after I have really bad eating times, I don’t get on the scale either. Keep exercising and its okay to avoid the scale til end of the month. You will be surprised that most of your worrying was for nothing. We all fall but only the successful people get back up again. You are fine. Here is my hand, let me help you get back up on your feet.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hahaha no, I suppose I was being a little melodramatic but that's honestly the way I've been feeling. I'm taking this as a learning experience. Actually though, reading your post made me laugh and makes me realize that this is not a huge deal. I tend to catastrophize in my head.

Happens to the best of us! The most important thing you can do is get started back with the good eating and exercising a.s.a.p.! Step two is to put a little thought on why you let yourself go so overboard and how you could handle it better next time. If it's not a learning experience, what's the point?!

Also, I love that word - catastrophize. :)
  • krankeekandie
    Options
    Hi.my name is kristi. I messed up also, this weekend I ended up with a pulled muscle in my right calf. I didn't get to excersize as much as I wanted to and I felt like a whale. U have the power to choose your own path. I decided today that mfp needed our own serenity prayer and i also decided I was going to recite it everyday when I wake up. here it is: God, grant me the serenity to avoid the foods I cannot have, The courage to change the food I eat, And the willpower to go the distance.
    I feel we all need to allow ourselves this one bad weekend and not get defeated over it. We need to ask for the strength and prove to not only the people who love us but to ourselves that we can go the distance. I have faith in u, I know u can do it.
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    you only mess up when you give up ;)

^^^ I'm going to remember this one - you have motivated me, and I didn't even really need any at the moment!
  • Tunky1963
    Tunky1963 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is a reason your car's windshield is big and the rearview mirror is small. Just look ahead!
  • toniannne
    Options
    Hey don't even worry about it. There's no way you should feel like you've undone any of your hard work. You've a bit of a cheat weekend but now it's time to keep doing what you've been doing so well. This past weekend I too got carried away and I actually still ended up losing weight! Your hard work isn't going unnoticed by your body, don't let your mind bring you down!
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    We all blow it once in a while. We're human. Suck it up, log it honest, and get on with things. The worst that you can do to is gain a couple of pounds. Now.... get yourself back on track and get on with things.
    Oddly enough, you might have done your body some good. You might just have reset your body to where it isn't trying to store all that you eat. Get back on track.
    I blew it too. Today is early enough to log it honest and get on with doing right by myself. You can too.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    A healthier way to look at it is a "weekend off". The wagon circles back around every morning, just hop your butt back on & hold yourself accountable!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    A healthier way to look at it is a "weekend off". The wagon circles back around every morning, just hop your butt back on & hold yourself accountable!

love that.... " The wagon circles back around every morning, just hop your butt back on & hold yourself accountable!"
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track. I end up having a lot of less healthy stuff for a day each weekend, and exercise like a maniac over the weekend to give myself that freedom. I then am ready to eat healthy the rest of the week. Of course, I would rather be the sort of just have a little each day in moderation, but I tend to want a bit of everything at once, so I am doing it this way for now. Even those not trying to lose weight, have meals out and occasions, or they go to a cafe and fancy a slice of cake and thus have it. Remember, this is about your future, not just about losing weight. You want a lifestyle you can comfortably sustain.