Insanity again or P90X/Insanity Hybrid???

Options
Opinions needed!! Im winding down my 'down month'. I want to get back into it but dont know if I want to do a P90X/Insanity hybrid or just plain ol Insanity (which I just finished w/ 'eh' results). Do I give it another try? Do I go w/P90X to try to get my muscle up to burn more??? Im not sure if I can make it thru 90 days. My drive isnt quite there but then Im looking for more results than Ive been getting. Maybe Im expecting too much. I mainly want inches lost. I want to be more tight/fit. I know the muscle is there..its just buried. So, all cardio ? Or throw in P90X to define those muscles??

Replies

• RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As you know, I just finished Insanity about a month ago, also. I didn't have very good results at all. No noticeable changes, as a matter of fact! :) I decided that was WAY too much work to not have any results. I am about two weeks into New Rules of Lifting For Women. I really like the "heavy" lifting aspect of it and it is a super interesting read. I checked it out from the Library before I bought it. You might look into that and see what you think. Let me know what you think of it!
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    As you know, I just finished Insanity about a month ago, also. I didn't have very good results at all. No noticeable changes, as a matter of fact! :) I decided that was WAY too much work to not have any results. I am about two weeks into New Rules of Lifting For Women. I really like the "heavy" lifting aspect of it and it is a super interesting read. I checked it out from the Library before I bought it. You might look into that and see what you think. Let me know what you think of it!

so glad you commented!! i KNEW there was something else out there I wanted to check out..and this is IT!! I love heavy lifting...its what I always go back to. Are you seeing results? I know you and I seemed to have had the same blah results from Insanity. I keep thinking I must have done something wrong!
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love NROLFW also. I would either do that with Insanity or the Hyrbrid. Remember that all the exercise in the world can't erase a bad diet. It is amazing the results I can get from any program when I really buckle down and eat with the 80/20 rule in mind.
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Opinions needed!! Im winding down my 'down month'. I want to get back into it but dont know if I want to do a P90X/Insanity hybrid or just plain ol Insanity (which I just finished w/ 'eh' results). Do I give it another try? Do I go w/P90X to try to get my muscle up to burn more??? Im not sure if I can make it thru 90 days. My drive isnt quite there but then Im looking for more results than Ive been getting. Maybe Im expecting too much. I mainly want inches lost. I want to be more tight/fit. I know the muscle is there..its just buried. So, all cardio ? Or throw in P90X to define those muscles??

I'm on round 3 of Insanity just started this week. I have gotten amazing results. I do the Insanity workout faithfully per schedule and I do P90X 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) for strength. I also do either cardio abs or ab ripper on those days as well. P90X is amazing for strength training, not cardio (for me). When I id P90X for the 3 months I lost like 2-3 lbs and toned abit. Insanity has helped me loose the weight I wanted and body fat. So now I am just toning but I love high impact cardio so I decided another full round of Insanity with P90X. Hope this helps.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    HYBRID ALL THE WAY!! I am doing the hybrid now and i LOVE IT!! First I did P90X, then I recently completed Insanity. I finished week one of the Hybrid on Saturday...I lost over one pound in just the first week! I loooove P90X....but I personally prefer more cardio. Lifting is something I also need to work on. So combining P90X and Insanity has been just amazing. You should really go for the Hybrid :)
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    A Hybrid for sure! Feel free to PM for ideas, I've done a few before and I'm doing one right no!
  • Cdigdawg
    Cdigdawg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks into a P90X Insanity hybrid right now and I'm loving it. I went through 2 rounds of X earlier this year and I wasn't wowed with the results but I figure it's either get busy getting fit or get busy getting fat. I'm watching my diet more closely this time too, and I'll be dammed if I don't already see some results.
    I just have to be patient and keep bringing it. This ain't no get ripped quick scheme.
  • tabatanut
    Options
    Switch it up for awhile......variety is good. Why not just go back to P90X for another 90 days.
  • RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

so glad you commented!! i KNEW there was something else out there I wanted to check out..and this is IT!! I love heavy lifting...its what I always go back to. Are you seeing results? I know you and I seemed to have had the same blah results from Insanity. I keep thinking I must have done something wrong!

I feel ya about the "what did I do wrong" feeling. I swear I was SO careful about my diet and was religious about exercising. I have no idea why it didn't work for me (or you, sounds like). Of course, my endurance was up, but my body was also BEAT UP! My knees, feet, everything was screaming at me! I know that I am better off than when I started P90X a million years ago (okay, in March), but still not where I would like to be. I definitely had better results with P90X than with Insanity. I don't know if that was just because I did it first, so it shocked my system, or if that type of thing just works better for me. I did enjoy it more than Insanity. Anyways, sorry to babble, I just know from past discussions that we have both struggled with the same thing. One thing I've decided from doing New Rules is to eat MORE. I seriously was netting like 900-1000 calories most days during Insanity. That didn't work and I can't go lower, so I decided to try and "reset" my metabolism (thanks to the Eat More Weigh Less group on here). All that to say, I have upped my calories to 2100 for the past 4 1/2 weeks. I gained 3 lbs. but then leveled off. I am going to cut that to about 1800 in a couple weeks and hopefully be able to lose weight while not starving! :) I'll let you know how that works out. I do know it's way better to NOT lose weight at 2100 than at 1200 calories!
    About New Rules, see if you can get a copy at the library and just read it. It made alot of sense to me. I am definitely getting stronger. I've been doing Plyo and Kenpo X on my non-lifting days, but you could do Insanity on those days if you wanted. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with whatever you decide. Remember something is always better than nothing!:flowerforyou:
  • foreternity1981
    foreternity1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HYBRID ALL THE WAY!! I am doing the hybrid now and i LOVE IT!! First I did P90X, then I recently completed Insanity. I finished week one of the Hybrid on Saturday...I lost over one pound in just the first week! I loooove P90X....but I personally prefer more cardio. Lifting is something I also need to work on. So combining P90X and Insanity has been just amazing. You should really go for the Hybrid :)

I just stumbled onto this thread! I'm looking to start a hybrid and would live to know what you're doing if you don't mind sharing :)

Thanks!
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Do both that way it doesnt get boring...

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group