Im getting there!!! Progression pics

Options
Here is a 4 months in from when I started working out intensely / 2 month in from when I started Turbo Fire. I start week 8 today.
I REALLY need to get to building that muscle. I cant get to a gym so I use resistance bands and weights at home. I am a SAHM to two kids we only have one car right now due to my husbands not in commision right now. So he has to take my to work all day. Sometimes I feel like I am not doing anything to my body... until I took today's photos and put them side by side by side. I still have a LONG way to go, but seriousely TF is changing my life (and not Im not trying to endorse...Im not a beachbody coach. Just a mom who LOVES TF and found her soulmate workout) IT WORKS. I have cleaned up my eating 90%, and workout every day (minus 1 rest day). I fell off the wagon 2 weeks ago, and went through a pity woe is me phase, feeling sorry for myself, and not wanting to workout/eat all junk. It lasted an entire week, untl that spark clicked again. I search pinterest for motivation quotes, pictures etc. I said enough is enough and got RIGHT back on track.
I really need to work on muscle building and toning. I just feel like that part is taking longer than losing inches has. I am not trying to lose any more weight. In fact I wouldnt mind "gaining" lbs if it was pure muscle KWIM?

So here are some progression photos

[img]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/CortneysPhotos/Fitness Progress/beginning.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/CortneysPhotos/Fitness Progress/1monthIN.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/CortneysPhotos/Fitness Progress/2monthsIN.jpg[/img]

Replies

• CanonMom413
    Options
    Lunges, and squats should target the thighs and glutes right? I do them, but maybe I should be doing more rounds each day. Suggestions?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    good work! are you doing them with weight? how many sets and reps are you doing?
  • brunauxyeuxbeaute
    Options
    Great work! I've been doing Turbo Fire as well. :smile:
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    AWESOME!!

When I lose weight, that is going to be me...needing to get rid of the baby belly last. It feels like that isnt going much of ANYWHERE.

I am doing TurboJam and will HOPEFULLY start TurboFire in January!! :-) CANT WAIT!!!!

AS for toning up...YES, DEFINITELY add weights. Check online and yard sales and stuff for maybe some free weights and start doing them along side the TF. LIfting wont make you bulkly but, since you arent really wanting to lose weight, Weight Training is probably the best way to go. That will HOPEFULLY be me soon...WEIGHTS!!! I cant WAIt to start WEIGHTS...hoping to be able to afford a set of weights and have a place for them soon!! :-)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow amazing changes in 2 months! maybe i will have to save up to buy TF? how tall are you? right now all i do is 30ds and rin30. I finally hit my goal but i also need to tone more....
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    wow amazing changes in 2 months! maybe i will have to save up to buy TF? how tall are you? right now all i do is 30ds and rin30. I finally hit my goal but i also need to tone more....

I started with the 30 DS that is what you see from July to August. I started TF on the day I took the August photos. I am 5'6" . I had no intentions on my # being such a low number. I was focusing more on the fat percentage leaving my body. It just so happend that eating clean and working out had the number drop too. I was 128 in June when I started my whole journey. That is when I decided I was really out of shape.
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    AWESOME!!

When I lose weight, that is going to be me...needing to get rid of the baby belly last. It feels like that isnt going much of ANYWHERE.

I am doing TurboJam and will HOPEFULLY start TurboFire in January!! :-) CANT WAIT!!!!

AS for toning up...YES, DEFINITELY add weights. Check online and yard sales and stuff for maybe some free weights and start doing them along side the TF. LIfting wont make you bulkly but, since you arent really wanting to lose weight, Weight Training is probably the best way to go. That will HOPEFULLY be me soon...WEIGHTS!!! I cant WAIt to start WEIGHTS...hoping to be able to afford a set of weights and have a place for them soon!! :-)

I have free weights already but havnt used them much since in TF you use resistance bands, and trust me they do make you hurt haha. But I feel i dont use them often enough. I am following TF's class schedule, trying to see my results. I was getting better muscle when I did the 30 DS. Once I "finish" TF I am going to order Chalene Exreme.
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    good work! are you doing them with weight? how many sets and reps are you doing?

I do 20 reps for each side and 3 sets as many days as I can fit it in.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!

I have free weights already but havnt used them much since in TF you use resistance bands, and trust me they do make you hurt haha. But I feel i dont use them often enough. I am following TF's class schedule, trying to see my results. I was getting better muscle when I did the 30 DS. Once I "finish" TF I am going to order Chalene Exreme.

i think it's b/c TF is more cardio. let me know how Chalean goes, i have wanted to do that or less mills pump for a while now but can't afford either, so i am just doing what i have at home right now.
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    AWESOME!!

i think it's b/c TF is more cardio. let me know how Chalean goes, i have wanted to do that or less mills pump for a while now but can't afford either, so i am just doing what i have at home right now.

My friend is reall pumped for COMBAT. Im scared haha. I figure let me finish TF, move onto Chalean Xtreme, then Insanity. Than *maybe* just *maybe* move to combat.
  • gabrriela
    gabrriela Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your tummy is looking so flat! Way to go!
  • CanonMom413
    Options
    Your tummy is looking so flat! Way to go!

Thanks! its not where I want it to be yet and to maintain, but I figure if I got it this far in only 4 months, I should be able to keep pushing and be *really* bikini ready by summer!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Looking good, great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!