Gotta buy smaller jeans...

Options
kingking
kingking Posts: 64 Member
My jeans are too big.

When I tighten my belt now (in all its "use that extra notch" glory), my jeans are loose enough that they actually unbutton themselves.

How cool is that?

Even though my scale hasn't budged in over a week (well, it finally showed a pound drop this morning), I think my extra workouts are converting fat to muscle because I'm definitely smaller now.

Ahem. Thanks for allowing me to share. Please resume your normal activities now.

Replies

• rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Keep up the FABULOUS work!!!
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Im the same, they're falling off me and look ridiculously baggy but I can't afford new ones yet and the only pair I have left over from my skinnier time look like leggings they're so tight still :(

Go girl x
  • MelissaKay82
    Options
    Good Job!!! :happy:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    how exciting! have fun at the store! :)
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to buy new jeans, but I DID get into jeans that I haven't worn in a decade! WOooHooo! I just what you're feeling. Great isn't it?:drinker: !
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Im the same, they're falling off me and look ridiculously baggy but I can't afford new ones yet and the only pair I have left over from my skinnier time look like leggings they're so tight still :(

Go girl x

Don't forget to check local thrift stores. I get all my smaller clothes there--6 pairs of pants and 3 tops for $25. While I am still losing I don't want to spend big money on clothes that I will probably only wear for a few months. When I'm done with them I can donate them back to the shops.
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    Best feeling in the world!!! Yay!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :noway: So happy for you! Keep it up!

Laura:flowerforyou:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! I'm not there yet, but my belt is too big at its tightest hole, so soon enough! So proud :happy: :flowerforyou:

You're inspiration that perseverance pays off!!
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    Good for you!!! Keep up the good work!

I have a pair that I bought when I was heavier. They are not like regular jeans, more like a trouser jean. They were kind of pricey and need to be altered, but I'm waiting til I get to goal. It will be my reward.
  • ljm0104
    Options
    Congrats! I feel your glory :bigsmile: I bought a black canvas belt that has holes all the way around it so I can wait before spending the money.
  • DivaDeva
    Options
    My clothes are just starting to get baggy, I have thought of the Thrift Stores too, seems so much more reasonable and practical. And like you said when done with them, turn them back to the Thrift Store. Great Idea! Nice to see someone else is thinking along my wave length. I too am a Christian, and love to see the Scriptures quoted.

God Bless,

DivaDeva
  • imagesbykathryn
    Options
    Yea for new jeans!!!

215669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Aww...I'm so sorry your jeans don't fit. Wait...no, that's awesome!
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My jeans are too big.

When I tighten my belt now (in all its "use that extra notch" glory), my jeans are loose enough that they actually unbutton themselves.

How cool is that?

Even though my scale hasn't budged in over a week (well, it finally showed a pound drop this morning), I think my extra workouts are converting fat to muscle because I'm definitely smaller now.

Ahem. Thanks for allowing me to share. Please resume your normal activities now.

I know how you feel, I've gone from 270 to 231 since the end of June last year. I'm about half way to my goal weight of 190 lbs. My old jeans look like something out of a hip-hop video and now my sole remaining pair of old "skinny jeans" are starting to get loose. My old XXXL shirts make me look like a kid trying on dad's clothes!

I may take a tip from one of the other posters and hit a thrift store for interim jeans and shirts since buying a new wardrobe only to buy yet another one in 6 months makes no sense.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I personally know that is a great feeling. I have been folding my jeans over because they are too big. Was in a size 12. I just bought 4 new pairs of size 8 today at Old Navy - all jeans $19 and wow...I have not been that happy shopping in a LONG TIME!!
  • renasneed
    renasneed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for that day. Mine are extremely big and stretched out right now but I just found a box of over 15 pairs of jeans that I used to wear in high school. Funny thing is is that they're still in style. Hopefully I can fit them soon!

AWESOME JOB TO YOU! :smile:
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I cannot wait until I have that problem! At least my jeans now aren't as snug as they use to be but still not as loose as I would like for them to be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!