Last 20-25 pounds! Losing momentum!!! HELP!

Options
Dude, the first 60 pounds seemed so much easier. I started in January 2010 and I think I'm sick of trying to lose weight. The good thing is that I've made a *very* gradual lifestyle change, and I've identified activities I can stick with because I truly love them (running, lifting, zumba).

I have spent the last year maintaining in the 160s. I got up to 174 last winter, went down to 162 this summer, and now I'm at 167. My original goal was 145-150. I've experimented with strict calorie tracking, eating more and eating less, and then intuitive eating. I've done Paleo and I've simply eaten clean. I've tried a ton of different workout programs, and am currently 3 weeks into Insanity.

I feel like this is mental. I'm closer than I've ever been, but I feel so far away. I feel like it will take forever to lose the rest of this weight. Has anyone else been here, and gotten past this point (last 10-20 pounds)? I just want to hear from those who have been there. I know what I need to do, I just need a pep talk LOL. Thanks!

Replies

• kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SummerChanny
    SummerChanny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was there about 5 years ago. I had a friend who told me she never eats more than 20 carbs per sitting because that is all the usable carbs that you get before it starts getting stored. True or not, i used her advice to drop about 15 pounds and it is the only time I have made it to my goal (I am currently hovering 10 lbs above that.) It takes a lot of measuring, planning and honesty, but you can do it! .... if you put your mind to it!!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I was stuck waiting for the last 12 to go away for many months. They are the hardest to lose. I suggest taking measurements every 30 days and track changes that way until the scale starts moving again. I did that and was very surprised with the results. Now, just today in fact, the scale has begun to move again finally! 2 pounds in the last month after 4 months of NOTHING. Hang in there!!
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump as I'm in the same boat
  • FattyFreshBoo
    Options
    Hey peoples! I am totally on that trip. I have lost about 18lbs! I need to lose an additional 22Lbs and then I will be done, BUT I am not doing it! I need help. I don's know what to do anymore besides trying to STARVE myself. WEEPING!
  • FattyFreshBoo
    Options
    hey, please explain 20 carbs? maybe I need to try that.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i'm in the exact same boat... tough stuff. mind over matter. DO ITTT
  • mrzepa
    mrzepa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Insanity is really rough, but stick with it!

Try to keep in mind that losing weight is simply a byproduct of the new, healthy lifestyle you are trying to nurture in yourself; keep your focus on that, don't beat yourself up, and weight will come off as a bonus.
  • FattyFreshBoo
    Options
    I have started Insanity, it's rough maybe by the third time I will be doing good, if AI do 15 mins it's good right now. Ok, i will try my best to take it a day at a time and not look for fast results. very difficult not to.