Tell your screw-up stories here!

Options
Recent or far back, I want to hear about times you've messed up - maybe a couple days of binging or a week without working out. Did the scales show a difference? Did it discourage you or did you just jump right back on track? How long did it take for you to get back on track? What did you do to encourage yourself?

Share!

Replies

• hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Just started a week ago. Within 4 days indulged in a lot of pizza and pasta and thought since I already went over, why not just keep doing it for today.....Logged in later and found out exactly how many calories I consumed...Got depressed....Posted how I felt on this site...Was incouraged to get back to working out...So I did...Havn't lost any weight still at ground zero..But haven't gained weight either.......

SW:171
    CW:171

7 days on this journey........
    WIll wait another 2 weeks to weigh in and do my measurements....
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a work trip and gained five pounds from not logging in, not seeking out vegetables, and not avoiding the alcohol/dessert buffets. Recovering for past two days I already feel much better and am committed to not traveling again without my exercise bands and sturdy walking shoes. Food that is not nourishing is a waste of time. I am glad that I splurged though because now I can focus. None of those treats tasted as delicious as lightness feels.
    Now if you took me to a real restaurant with awesome cheesecake, I might reconsider.:happy:
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing that Hope mentioned. I went over and just thought, screw it, and kept going over. I don't know if it effected my weight yet, the scale will show me tomorrow. at work. :(
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sunday I went to a Birthday party, I did really well with dinner but lost the fight when they brought out the homemade chocolate cake with homemade icing...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Let's just say I went over in calories and carbs.
  • StephDuffney
    StephDuffney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    first screw up I had has eating back my work out calories
    second screw up not measuring my food right (got a nice food scale)
    third was getting a cheap scale to do my weigh in on.
    Fourth not logging my work out right. (was using the basic here way over what it should be)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot more then I use to, since I started working at my current job, I do count for it and work it into my diary but still I should really try to stop that. This is also the week of my monthly visit so I, ontop of my drinking habit am also a chocolate fanatic. All week last week and this week I have had my share of sweets. Am I over? No! but I think that is why I can't get rid of this last bit of extra fat lol.

I don't hardly ever go over, but when I do I plan to do it on purpose lol.
  • loricasanas
    Options
    If I plan on a splurge night with the girls or a night of drinking with my husband I eat good the day of and plan on boot camp or burning at least 500 calories the next day. So worth it!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    the past 3 weeks have been one huge screw up for me lol. there was a gap between my training programs where i was free to do anything, so i did almost nothing!! lol then the bad eating started and it was all bad. ive been bloated for what feels like a week. luckily i was still losing, but its stopping like, yesterday! lol
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    My mess up was LSU'S First season opening football game weekend.

i consumed WaffelHouse,Cracklins,Boudain,McDonalds,Hooters,CrackerBarrel,Pizza and Beer.beer.and more beer.

i magically didnt gain anything,but, that was because i was walking around LSU campus all saterday.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Delicious pupusas, cranberry orange muffins, peanuts, popcorn, my cereal of choice...
    Not hitting my workouts because my knee/ankle/hip hurt.

No matter. I've worked hard to get to this weight (which is good enough for me), and know that with a few days of being more consistent, all will be well.
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    I did the same thing that Hope mentioned. I went over and just thought, screw it, and kept going over. I don't know if it effected my weight yet, the scale will show me tomorrow. at work. :(

I know exactly how you feel...At least you have some success...2lbs is still better then 0...

keep at it girl
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've had the flu for a week, so no exercise. I feel awful about it. AND last night I ate a block of chocolate and some poptarts :grumble:

Back on track today though
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight deliberately in December 2010. I was 218 lbs.

I did really well and lost my first 20 or so lbs without a problem. Just when I broke into the 190's I quit. I just got lazy and quit and went on about a month or so. I gained 10 lbs back.

Got back on it and continued to lose. Got the 10 lbs off plus a little more. February of last year, I traveled up to take care of my grandmother who was dying from lung cancer. I really fell off the wagon again and gained 10 lbs again.

After she died, I got myself together and have been doing really well since. I think seeing her die from a completely preventable disease (small cell lung cancer is almost exclusively caused by smoking, which she did for 50+ years), it was a wake-up call to take better care of myself so I don't have to put my children and grandchildren through that kind of pain in the future.

I lost 42 lbs and got down to 176 before I got pregnant, and with the tools I learned, I've been able to control my pregnancy weight gain very well, which is another huge accomplishment for me.

I really like this thread. I think it's important to realize that it's okay to screw up, even screw up big, as long as you get back up and work on doing better again.