1200 calorie diet

Options
I need to be on a 1200 calorie diet (per docs orders).

Need some good snack ideas as well as flavorful meal ideas that will be satisfying but allow me to keep my goal.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lnazaret
    lnazaret Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is what I try to do. You can also do a lot of research online. From my research I found that it is best to eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Beans are great. Eggs for breakfast. low fat yogurt. lots of water. whole wheat bread, brown rice, pam instead of cooking oil. There is soo much you can eat and be full. It's hard to adjust, but slowly you get the hand of it.
  • tntgal2
    tntgal2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Great suggestions by Inazaret. You can get more volume - which I find helps me feel more satisfied - with high fiber. An egg white omelet with mushrooms and asparagus, with a splash of salsa and a slice of high fiber toast can get you off to a good start. A snack that mixes fiber plus protein helps you not be hungry - take a hard boiled egg and add a bit of salsa and yogurt for a new egg salad and have that plus a slice of whole wheat bread for a late afternoon snack. Go to Food Network TV online and click on the link at the top for Healthy Recipes for suggestions. I also like doing a stir fry with broth instead of oil, and loading up on napa cabbage, ginger, onion, red peppers, and a bit of chile and adding a very small amount of chicken or pork or tofu for protein. I grill veggies on Sunday so I can add them into a salad or omelet early in the week. Try to find 30 minutes to take a brisk walk - it helps with weight loss AND your energy. Good luck!
  • cpeters29
    Options
    the 100 calories south beach diet bars are really good
  • jlau13
    jlau13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Is there anything wrong with that amount as a diet??