advice please!!

Options
I take my protein shake with creatine before my work out.. but now i'm thinking
Maybe I should after? I Kinda didn't wanna eat my work out cals... But i'm not sure..
Your advice?

Replies

• Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Everything i have read says to do it after. Your muscles will be needing it when you get done working out.
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    I take mine after the guy at the GNC and the Trainer said to do it then because it will help rebuild and restore you muscles and you will not get that sore feeling.
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Copy that, I'll change up tomorrow, thank you!!
  • Cookme1
    Cookme1 Posts: 15
    Options
    By all means AFTER the workout. The protein hit makes you feel a lot better if you are crashing a little after the workout.
    It may be cheaper for you to just get a recovery drink if you are buying to different products. You can get them at GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe or most health food stores.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I take my protein shake with creatine before my work out.. but now i'm thinking
    Maybe I should after? I Kinda didn't wanna eat my work out cals... But i'm not sure..
    Your advice?

idk. I like to have SOMETHING in my stomach just before I work out.. and protein shake seems to be good.. gives me a lil umph yet not food food to feel too full for my walk/jog! (I go in a.m. juat after I wake up) so all night no food then go walk/jog 300+ calories on what?? dust? lol.. so started making a small protein shake in a.m. w/almond milk and 1/2 nanna and one scoop aria protein (45 cals a scoop)
  • vaangoin
    Options
    You should take it after the exercise.
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I take protein and creatine during and after
  • michellersalo
    michellersalo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Protein is not the body's preferred fuel source during exercise (carbohydrates are). Protein should be taken AFTER workouts because it aids in muscle recovery. :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter

This!

You are not a IFBB Pro :wink:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter

No really, it doesn't matter.

Anyone saying any different doesn't know the first thing about nutrition or even why they are taking protein and creatine.

Edit to add: If you're using MFP as standard and your workout calories are not already included in your deficit calculation, then of course you should eat them.
  • MiSo_SeXy
    Options
    So... It DOESNT matter? O.o
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    So... It DOESNT matter? O.o

no...it does not matter. And it is highly unlikely that you need to be taking creatine.
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    and it even doesnt matter :)
  • MiSo_SeXy
    Options
    Ok thanks for your help guys! I'll just gage it daily, and see which works better
    For me. ^_^ thx again!