any young girls like 18 with success stories?!?!?!

Options
im 18 and have been battling weightloss for what seems my whole life. i try new things i see on doctor oz and lose weight but the second i stop i gain everything back, plus more! i started using mfp about a month and a half ago and my starting weight was 207, i am now at 190. im making progress but i need some more motivation!!!

Replies

• Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, too :)
    I'm not done yet, but I have lost a lot. ALMOST 50lbs (hoping to get to 50lbs by the end of this month)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, too :)
    I'm not done yet, but I have lost a lot. ALMOST 50lbs (hoping to get to 50lbs by the end of this month)

1lb a week, for 3 weeks, you can do it!
    a little harder, a little longer and a little faster at the gym and get your cleaner foods going and you can do it!
  • FutureMASailor
    FutureMASailor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was 17 when I did this, but I was able to lose 20-30 pounds in order to enlist into the usn. Now i'm currently working on losing 30-40 pounds and I'm 18
  • babyxblue101
    Options
    yea I'm 18 you can check out my profile and pic. I recently just reached my goal. planning on maybe losing another 5 to 10 pounds.. but im in no hurry at all.
    it seems like your already are doing an amazing job! you just have to stick with it, dont think of it as a diet... it's a lifestyle.
  • samscaloriechart
    Options
    Hey girl, I am 19 years old. I started at about where you did, I am not on often and I have lost a lot of weight before MFP. I started at 215, and I am now 147. It is very hard, and I know what you are going through. You feel accomplished but so far away, and you will do about anything to get it off. One peice of advise I wish someone could have DRILLED into my mind is simply EAT. Eat all of your 1200-1300 calories. For the first 2 months I lost almost 30 pounds from eating barely 600 calories a day..And you know what happened?? I started to lose hair...NO JOKE! So just eat ;) LOL. But i work out 5 days a week, for about an hour to an hour and a half a day, and I eat 1400 calories. Yea weightloss gets very slow once you are in the 50's. But I feel great and I love how I am starting to look. If you need any other advise I can definitely help. Just add me :)
  • wallacam194
    Options
    I know im a little older (20) but ive been yoyo'ing since 18... I finally started to lose weight and keep it off in June of this year. Im 34 lbs down and tons of inches. dont give up and keep working at it because it WILL pay off.. i NEVER thought i would be here today.. the best advice i can give you to keep motivated is to take your measurments and take pictures of yourself every month. this is where you will really see your success, especially when you think your body isnt changing.

SW:230.6 (that i know of)
    CW: 196.4
    GW: 155 (and lower once i reach it)
    Im 5' 6.5"

whopping 230.6 (thats my highest known, but im sure it was higher than that, since i avoided a scale for almost a year)

pb5.jpg

pb4-2.jpg

376978_260776530708311_814765484_n.jpg

199.0 lbs! (Same white shirt as before picture)
    76859_277395155713115_543967160_n.jpg
    [/quote]

this is me in the same outfit as my before, and i had to pin it back with a hair clip so you could actually see my figure underneath. total of 34 lbs down!
    285626_278620412257256_1976617509_n.jpg

i didnt notice results until i had pics to prove it, and outfits that were too big on me that were skin tight before. DONT GIVE UP!
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bump for later..

I am 18 and have lost around 17lbs since June..I want to lose atleast a total of 22 before december and then much much more before June 2013 when i enter college..and of course keep of that freshman 15..!!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    He's my advice: Don't do anything you see on Dr. Oz. He is a quack that supports alternative medicine crap. Eat good food, work out, and take in less than you burn and you'll be fine! Congrats on your success so far!
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow you must be so proud! Great job!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    He's my advice: Don't do anything you see on Dr. Oz. He is a quack that supports alternative medicine crap. Eat good food, work out, and take in less than you burn and you'll be fine! Congrats on your success so far!

i wish i could like this post...lol im not a big fan of dr. oz but my mom is.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!