Newbie here

Options
Hi all,

Newbie to here... 45 yrs old Aussie female, always been overweight or obese, decided to take on a complete lifestyle change & start "clean eating" 16 days ago.

Browse this forum daily when logging my food diary details & am inspired by all your stories :-)
My first week i lost 8pd/3.6kg, though i assume it was water weight, still encouraging, 2 nd week felt quite deflated when i had only lost .2 of a pound, but onward & upward as they say...i figure that it took me 45yrs to get to this weight, so its going to take a slow & steady journey to shift it! Plus im not exactly enthusiastic about exercise but am starting a routine next week.

The upside...although my 2nd weigh in was minimal, i took my measurements & realised ive lost 1inch off my neck & 1inch off my waist & 2inchs of my hips :-)
Weight aside, by cutting out processed foods im already seeing benefits such as no heartburn or reflux (which i suffered daily), no bloating, my skin looks & feels better, sleeping much better & my husband says i havent snored for 1 week.

I look forward to sharing my journey with anyone who maybe interested :-)
Congratulations to each & everyone of you for taking the journey & i know that we will all reach our personal goals along the way :-)

Cheers
Susan
28796378.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Well done on losing inches so quickly and great weight loss too. You may find that you grow to love exercise, there is something about making progress with fitness levels that makes you want to keep on pushing for improvement :)

Great start :)
  • FutureMASailor
    FutureMASailor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted that you lost 8lbs in one week. I recently lost 10lbs and I am having a bit of a problem accepting that I really did lose it.