Young, married, and still fighting to be fit!!!

Options
Hey all!!! I added another motivation and support post earlier, but I am adding this as well because being a wife/spouse is such an important part of who I am! I am thinking of maybe starting a group for this particularly because my husband and I have differing "lifestyles" regarding our health and fitness!!! It could be a fun thing maybe to swap recipes, triumphs and failures with our significant others and anything else!!! Any one else have this kind of issue with their spouse??! Any good stories about helping their significant other rethink their lifestyles?!

Also! Please add me and I will share the support!

Replies

• anna473
    anna473 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a similar situation. My husband (we got married in July 2011) is very supportive, but he just has such different nutritional needs that it's a constant battle on my part to make sure I do the right thing. He's very skinny with a ridiculous metabolism and also a mild case of IBS. Our families also have very different food habits. But we both love food, and each other, so it's been a positive journey to find a household food culture to ensure both us can be healthy and feel good. : )
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hey! i have simular situation, im 24 and have been married a year on Sat. I love my husband to bits dont get me wrong but he adores take outs. And when i say adore he had 5 KFCs in one week and two of those were on the same day! He also doesnt put any weight on. He only really has any fat on his tummy because he used to drink a lot so he has a beer tummy, but its solid, not flabby. his arms are solid and so are his legs, he reminds me of a slightly over weight rugby player. its so frustrating! especially when im on a strict diet and hes eating a chippy next to me. i am starting to be naughty and it affects my health. he also isnt hugely supportive. he gets quite annoyed if i talk about my diet, or i want to bounce something off him so ive given up. i managed to get him to eat veggies though, which is a personal victory! as his mom never managed to do it before lol. just found out what he didnt mind the taste of and only cook those veggies, its better than nothing especially as most of his meals comprise of chips.