Wendy's Jr Size

Options
So I caved and got a Wendy's frosty, I ordered a Jr. size Vanilla according to the website it is 150 calories. It's weird they don't have the Jr size on the menu.. so now I'm worried I had a small instead of a Jr size.. I'm in Canada btw if that helps.. and the cup was pretty darn small!

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    The small frosty is the tiny 8oz cup (1 cup). It's much smaller than a "small" soda. It's 320 calories. If the "junior" (the values I checked were for chocolate, not vanilla) is 160 calories, it must be a 4oz cup (that's 1/2 a cup with a measuring cup). I've never seen that before, but that's not to say it doesnt exist!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That looks right. A Jr. size is itty bitty tiny - like 5 spoonfuls tiny. A small frosty is more like the size of a kid's drink. The small has about 310 calories in it.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    :devil: You could always just go order another one and see if it fits into a 1/2 cup measuring cup or a 1 cup measuring cup (4oz vs. 8oz).
  • kittina
    kittina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I believe it was a small, damn you Wendy's and your sneaky nutritional value website. It'll all work out I'm headed to the gym after work and I know better for next time.
  • sssrip
    sssrip Posts: 72
    Options
    http://www.wendys.com/food/Nutrition.jsp

According to the Wendy's website. the jr is really 150 cal
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    http://www.wendys.com/food/Nutrition.jsp

According to the Wendy's website. the jr is really 150 cal

Right but the issue at hand is whether what was given to the Wendy's customer was a "small" or a "junior."

And it's okay if it was small! It was freaking delicious, right? 300 calories of pure heaven? :laugh: You can work that off in no time. :wink:
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I've gotten the Jr. Frostie before. Trust me - if you wondering if you got the small or the Jr size ---- you got the small.
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    You might not want to eat a Frosty again after reading what it's made of! I was shocked!

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/45380/4-shocking-secrets-about-fast-food/
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I believe it was a small, damn you Wendy's and your sneaky nutritional value website. It'll all work out I'm headed to the gym after work and I know better for next time.

Get used to it. Wendy's is not the only one that markets their nuritional value to sound "good".
    I've seen many companies making their labels sound "healthier".

Joining littletiger - A jr frosty shows 150 calories - 120 calories from sugar and fat (84 calories from sugar 36 calories from fat )
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine, really.
    Your doing the right thing and logging it, and going to the gym.
    None of us got here because we ate 300 calories of sweet and tasty goodness just once.
    At least you didnt do like I have to do when I get a frosty......use your salty fries to scoop it out of the cup.
    When the fries ( 1.00 size on the value menu) are gone , out goes the frosty. No need to eat it without the fries IMHO :bigsmile:
    Next time you'll make sure you get what you thought you were getting in the first place.
    Chin up!
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It says the size on the bottom of the cups, if you were handed a cup and you could hold it between your thumb and pointer finger and omg this tiny thing has 150 calories you got the jr. if you enjoyed it and were like hey this is great thats a small and it's 12 oz.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    The JR size is the one thats the same size as a dixie cup. Like a shot of frosty. :laugh:
  • mkrapf82
    mkrapf82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You might not want to eat a Frosty again after reading what it's made of! I was shocked!

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/45380/4-shocking-secrets-about-fast-food/

You're right. Never again.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    P.S.
    the junior is what comes in the kids meal, really cute and tiny. Just enough to take care of a craving.
    Totally worth 150 cals when your feening for a frosty.

Oops, I see I was too late.
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    and the jr. is not advertised because it is a substitute for a childs drink with the kids meal or in certain states it is included with.
    every Halloween they have the jr. frosty coupon books 8 for a dollar.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My favorite line is "Wendy’s Frosty requires 14 ingredients to create what traditional shakes achieve with only milk and ice cream."

They do realize that "ice cream" isn't quite an ingredient broken down into simplest form, right? Some ice creams are as simple as "cream, milk, sugar, vanilla." But the VAST majority of them have an ingredient list that could easily make up the 13 "extra" ingredients in a frosty.

Oh, sillies.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My favorite line is "Wendy’s Frosty requires 14 ingredients to create what traditional shakes achieve with only milk and ice cream."

They do realize that "ice cream" isn't quite an ingredient broken down into simplest form, right? Some ice creams are as simple as "cream, milk, sugar, vanilla." But the VAST majority of them have an ingredient list that could easily make up the 13 "extra" ingredients in a frosty.

Oh, sillies.

I caught that too. I have never seen ice cream where the ingredient list just said ice cream!:tongue:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the wendy's frosty.....but the wendy's frosty does NOT love me. It usually exits quite quickly. :bigsmile:
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    If you have a chocolate craving to kill, Metro/Food Basics (In Canada) has "Irresistables" brand frozen yogurt bars.... vanilla with milk chocolate coating and chocolate with dark chocolate coating.... all for 90 calories!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I used to know someone who worked at a Wendy's.... a Jr. Frosty is 6 ounces, the small is 12.