Need more Cals

Options
This is a typical day for me (although to try add more cals, today I took a double portion of cereal to help)

mu9wnk.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/mu9wnk.jpg

As you can see, a lot more calories needed, especially when you consider I burned off over 300cals at swimming leaving a net 1000. I even tried an extra few snacks in the evening.

Advice.

*Pic wont work?

Replies

• b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Looks a nice days food but as you say, a bit light on cals. I generally have 40 g of cereal and 200g of tinned fruit for breakfast and that keeps me full till lunch. For lunch you could add some bread and perhaps a yogurt to up your cals then and for dinner I would be having a couple of veg portions and some kind of desert, sf jelly with fruit or perhaps stewed apple.

Some of these extras would bring your calorie count up without resorting to loads of snack type things that you may want to be trying to control

Hope this helps a bit :)
  • Dony1888
    Options
    I didn't want to add bread cos Im not a lover of Brown bread to be honest, and white bread isn't exactly the best when you're on a diet. Vegatables I don't like I'm afraid LOL.

Certainly yoghurts seem to be a good way to go.
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast looks really light. I know some folks don't like to eat first thing in the day but there is room to add there. My breakfasts are sometimes a whopping 400-450 cals. I wake up really hungry though.

Adding Protein would be good for you, too. MFP sets the protein consumption percentage low, leaving you consuming the rest of the calories mainly in carbs. A little more protein and a little less carbs can help you feel full longer.

Ditto on the fruit but be careful of sugar, and sorry to say, veggies really are your friend! :)
    Yogurt is awesome, as stated and "greek style" has more protein and less sugar.

It takes a while to work yourself around to the right amount of foods but it is worth doing, keep at it you'll be rewarded!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    This is a typical day for me (although to try add more cals, today I took a double portion of cereal to help)

mu9wnk.jpg

As you can see, a lot more calories needed, especially when you consider I burned off over 300cals at swimming leaving a net 1000. I even tried an extra few snacks in the evening.

Advice.

*Pic wont work?

Maybe go for snacks with a higher amount of good fats, like a handful of almonds?
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    So you eat your cereal dry? You are missing adding calories there if you are having cereal with milk. You may want to add something to your breakfast. Some fruit on your cereal or have oatmeal or eat double portions - with milk ;)

For lunch you can have more than just soup - how about soup and a sandwich or crackers ? or just eat heartier soups!

For dinner you can easily have potato or rice with your chicken or a veggies with cheese sauce (my boyfriend wont eat veggies unless he has sauce on them, maybe you will like them better that way). You could always eat more meat too! nothing wrong with extra protein.The possibilities are endless ;)
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    i suggest a multi vit regardless as I see very little fruit or veg going on, and getting your cals up a handful of nuts is a quick way, have a banana with your cereal in the morning thats an extra 100 cals. You could add some vegies to dinner not potatos, some cheese to snacks or yoghurt. But please your nutrients look low to me, remember vegies and fruit x goodluck :)
  • Dony1888
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.

re; Milk. Yeah I thought it was including milk cos some of them do, so I've added the milk into my diary.

Vegetables granted I hear what you're all saying, but I really don't like them, Im 26, and can't see myself changing that now!

With my soup Ive added in two slices of wholemeal bread (grudginly wholemeal), and I'll maybe add a yoghurt into my cereal.