Work-Out Songs....

Options
Okay, so I'm trying to put together a playlist for working out. I pick emotionally charged songs and need some good new ones. My favorite part about it is playing that one epic song the last 5 minutes of my workout to push me through when I think "Oh, I can skip the last 5 minutes, I've already gone for 30."

I'm a total music junkie, I live for it & listen to just about everything EXCEPT modern "pop" music. A few of my current favorites for working out are If I Could by Tech N9ne, Guinevere by Eli Young Band, Lazarus Pheonomenon by Bike for Three (I know, all crazy different stuff but all really emotionally charged which is what gets me going and keeps me motivated). Any ideas? Thanks guys and good luck to all of you!

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I recommend Skrillex.
  • crazygoog
    crazygoog Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The obvious one is Eye of the Tiger by Survivor from Rocky, but the song from a later Rocky (3 or 4) also by Survivor I find much better - Burning Heart. This is probably my number 1 work out song. If you've never heard it put it on YouTube first and see Rocky working it in Russia ;-)
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I love Beastie Boys - Alive...it is on my playlist called "feel good" which is also my "move your *kitten*" playlist! Most of the others are pop/rock songs, but you might also like Stroke 9 - Little Black Backpack.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Dioxyde - Geist
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of Girl Talk - a DJ who does mash-ups. His albums are about an hour long, continuous play, and a steady tempo. Great for running, the treadmill, or the elliptical.

I also like some of Gaga's stuff, some CAKE.

And the song "I'm Sexy and I know it" makes me want to just get up and DO something. :)
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I haven't updated it in a while, but I wrote a blog about my workout music (I had to create 3 playlists because I might be in the mood to listen to one type of music one day and then another genre the next day). This might give you some ideas...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jessilee119
  • JoAlberts
    Options
    Linkin Park - Bleed It Out.
  • RMElliott2
    Options
    Big Bad Vodoo Daddy!
  • grasshopper3988
    Options
    Love, love, love the heavier rock playlist!
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    going to look at this later
  • Dont_Eat_Me
    Dont_Eat_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump.. Need to make a new one myself
  • scadoody
    scadoody Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    born this way by lady gaga, america by neil diamond,
  • greatthatsgreat
    greatthatsgreat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    K-OS: Crabbuckit
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    I don't know if it counts as modern pop, but I LOVE working out to Florence & The Machine. Shake it Off is my personal favourite :)
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, music is essential. Here are a few 'emotionally charged' favorites of mine in no particular order.

The Best of You-Foo Fighters
    Lose Yourself-Eminem
    Bulls on Parade-Rage Against the Machine
    Dig-Pantera
    Let the Bodies Hit the Floor-Drowning Pool
  • stephaniekhani
    stephaniekhani Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I recommend Skrillex.

Definitely!!!!
    I listen to a lot of Girl Talk - a DJ who does mash-ups. His albums are about an hour long, continuous play, and a steady tempo. Great for running, the treadmill, or the elliptical.

Nothing like a bit of Girl Talk in the gym. Can't decide if I like All Day or Feed the Animals more!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Bump
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Need to make a playlist too
  • grasshopper3988
    Options
    I'm with you, music is essential. Here are a few 'emotionally charged' favorites of mine in no particular order.

The Best of You-Foo Fighters
    Lose Yourself-Eminem
    Bulls on Parade-Rage Against the Machine
    Dig-Pantera
    Let the Bodies Hit the Floor-Drowning Pool

LOVE!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love the heavier rock playlist!

I do find myself listening to this one the most lol. I need to update it though...I have more Disturbed songs I want to put on there...and another Dokken song.