I don't want to die...

Options
I am 26 years old and I am the heaviest I have ever been. For the last year i have neglected my body and ignored my diet...now I am paying the price for it. I have let things get out of hand, but what scares me the most is that I have accepted defeat one to many times.

I love to eat, but I trust that love to live even more...They say some people live to eat, well I'm one of those people...except I'm not sure how much living I'm going to get to do at this rate.

I'm scared. Tell me it's not impossible.

Replies

• Vicstar1977
    Options
    Its absolutely NOT impossible! Im 35, had 5 kids and got up to 100 kilos at one stage, and now?? Im looking pretty damn good, even if I do say so myself! Love my PT, that guy makes me WORK!!!
  • Chunk2206
    Options
    It's not impossible!!

I love food!! The bad thing is I don't even have to be hungry to want to eat. Since being on MFP I really have changed my eating habits because I'm more concious of what I'm eating.

It's not easy somedays when the chocolate is calling my name but I can honestly say I don't miss eating the junk I used to (most of the time). :smile:

I've just completed my first 5km charity race so if that's possible...anything is!

Good luck.
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You don't have to quit eating altogether. Moreover, you don't have to quit tasty food altogether. Ergo, not impossible. Very possible!
    My biggest NSV (non-scale victory) so far - being able to drink my tea with one (1) cookie or something, and then stop. Yay! That's big progress. Huge, in fact.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    NOTHING is impossible. :flowerforyou:
  • trickrabbit
    Options
    You ahve made the first and most important step in deciding to make a differance for your self.
    moving forward can be a challange butthat is why we are here.
    All of us are here to accomplish somthing and better our situations, and most importantly help each other.

Heres to you

Add me as a friend if you like.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It is NOT impossible! If I can do it, you can do it, and I was ready to give up and just accept that I will be overweight all my life which will probably be significantly shorter than on a normal weight with a decent diet.

I do have to say MFP is a great help, being able to track and watch what you eat on a daily basis really makes you consider the choices you make, there is also a couple of great motivational threads out there for that kick up the bum when that muffin just looks toooo tempting, check out this one: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/730878-motivation-pics

The one that got me was: Don't give up what you want most for what you want now! - Well, what I want most is a long and happy, healthy life, so I don't care how tasty that cake looks anymore, it will not beat me!

Add me if you want, I am on here every day tracking my food and procrastinating on the forum ;-)
    I know you can do this!!! (Coz I can, and I always thought I'd be the one weightloss-resistant person on the planet!)
  • debbiekuhn123
    debbiekuhn123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi add me as a friend if you like for support .. You dont have to quit ANY foods. thats what you need to tell yourself.. YOU can EAT, just in smaller portion sizes,

If you crave for something, then have it, but include it in your calorie allowance

make room in your calories for your favourite foods, i enjoy wine so i allow myslef to have a glass at night

choose foods that are drier that will keep you fuller for longer , dont use fats/spreads as much, I used to like my spreads so thick that i couldnt taste what the filling were in my sandwiches
    now i dont use spreads at all & for the first time I can actually taste my foods

you can do this :)
  • Alanafl1975
    Options
    Wow I can relate to everything you said! I have gained 25 pounds in the past month and I'm only 5'3. I find myself spinning out of control. Your post has given me hope though that I'm not alone. We can do this with the support from people on this site. I just joined last night and I already feel better after reading everyone's stories. I'd love it if you added me as a friend! Let's help eachother! Anyone can add me! :flowerforyou:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hello, It's not impossible i know you can do this,Just put your mind in the right frame of mind. Keep in mind how scared you to push you more.I would support you as much asI can,Please Feel Free to ADD ME.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It is not impossible. With the right support group you can do anything. I know at times it seems next to impossible to suceed and believe me I have been there. Add me for support and I will do what I can to help push you in the right direction.
  • bethf0103
    bethf0103 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible at all, when you feel tempted to eat, get on here and let people support you. Have you thought about the paleo diet? No bread, pasta etc a bit like atkins. You can still eat chicken bacon cheese etc its quite good I know a few people who have lost loads of weight on it. Best of luck feel free to add me. x
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You've got this!! One of my friends on here lost 200 pounds!!! I was 215 pounds a year ago. I'm down 57 pounds in total (48 since I joined here in January). I never thought that this was possible....but it is, you just need to put the time and effort into exercising and eating right. Of course you'll slip, we all do..we're human. You took the first step by joining MFP. :-) Best of luck!!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    it is not impossible as long as you truly want to make the lifestyle change....this site is a great place for support and motivation...step 1 done! you can do it!!!!!!!
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    You CAN do it. You've just got to accept that firstly ! :smile:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT impossible...it can be done, and you can do this! Good luck!
  • jensenkm2
    Options
    This site rocks, and its so easy to follow without feeling like you need to restrict yourself. If you add some friends who will support you and start being aware of what you are eating daily you WILL NOT DIE!! I started at 308lbs in March and have lost 56lbs so far. I am still obese and hugely overweight but I feel the difference every day and my cholesterol is down to a healthy level already. I dont feel like ive had to turn my life upside down because I dont, I just stay under calories and exercise if I get a chance. Even small changes will see results. Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    A GREAT quote by Henry Ford:

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It is NOT impossible! Not wanting to die was my reason for starting this finally. I am 43, have a horrible history of uncontrolled high blood pressure. My mother died at age 32 from a stroke caused by her BP. So, it took me years, but I made a change, started with 85 lbs to lose. I have lost 26.2 lbs since August 14th. I am on the right track. It can be done! YOU can do this!
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel...I was so there. I still LOVE to eat. I just eat differently. This is what helped me in terms of my eating habits. I created fitness goals for myself. As I was starting that journey my body responded differently to the foods I ate. My diet changed because of the fitness goals I set for myself. I know that run is going to be easier if I eat this instead of that.

Let yourself indulge in the things you love to eat just do it in moderation. All my treats are packaged in single servings because I know If I buy a bag of something...I will eat the whole bag whether it's one serving or ten.

YOU CAN DO THIS...you just have to learn to do things differently then you are now. We believe in you! :drinker:
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

~ Muhammad Ali