Starting Turbo Fire today. Any Tips?

Options
Today I am starting the Turbo Fire program. Any tips on the program or "fueling" for it? I struggle a bit with eating because my work schedule changes from week to week. Sometimes with exercise, when I need to eat, I have to work.

Replies

• TjDee
    TjDee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today I am starting the Turbo Fire program. Any tips on the program or "fueling" for it? I struggle a bit with eating because my work schedule changes from week to week. Sometimes with exercise, when I need to eat, I have to work.

Nutrition is going to be a big part of your success so make sure you plan your meals so that you are able to eat. I am a huge turbo fire fan and have had great success with it. I am also a beachbody coach. You should ask your coach about shakeology. It's a great meal replacement shake and perfect for people on the go.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My tips are to make sure to do the "new to class" option if it's offered, and don't worry if you don't get all of the moves down right away. Depending on what kind of shape you're in, you might want to start with the "prep" schedule first too.

As far as nutrition, everyone is different, but I don't think TurboFire is compatible with a really low-calorie diet. It's a program that requires a lot of energy, i.e., if you're not fueling yourself sufficiently, your performance will suffer.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Although when I did turbofire I was on a lower calorie diet (I didn't know better at the time), but, knowing what I know now, I would never ever recommend doing it on a low calorie intake. It depends on your height but I really wouldn't go under 1500 net calories. If you have to work, pack snacks in advance or pack meals. Take Sunday or whatever the rest day is and plan/make all your meals.

Follow the schedule as best you can. Don't do too many Hiit DVDs in a week.

I agree that you should do "new to class" when it's available, because the moves can be overwhelming. But the most important part is to keep moving and keep putting all your effort in. Even if you know you're not doing the right moves or you aren't doing them in the right order, just keep going and keep moving.

Turbofire is really great, but make sure you eat your calories back from exercising. It is a high calorie burner ( I logged it as "kickboxing") and you'll need your fuel.

Good luck it's a great program!
  • SlimReggieBack
    SlimReggieBack Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would say make sure you have enough fiber before doing it and try to do it as soon as you get home it has been working for me that way recently.I know I might be the only guy doing turbofire but still there's guys in video so nothing wrong with it to me and I use to have a woman gym teacher so I don't see anything wrong with that.
  • kawaiinekochi
    kawaiinekochi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow!:smile: I just read all the replies this morning and I thank you all for your help! I just did my first Turbo Fire workout yesterday and it went well! I also made sure I eat too (Shakeology too!). I completed ChaLEAN Extreme before this and gained muscle, so I just start it normally with the Starter Pack. It is challenging, but fun!
  • kawaiinekochi
    Options
    I would say make sure you have enough fiber before doing it and try to do it as soon as you get home it has been working for me that way recently.I know I might be the only guy doing turbofire but still there's guys in video so nothing wrong with it to me and I use to have a woman gym teacher so I don't see anything wrong with that.

Fiber is important! I need to go grocery shopping soon! I do my workouts before I go to work, so I will feel more energized. I stand all day for my job, so it is important to work those leg muscles. Turbo Fire is for everyone of all genders. I think there is more than one guy in the video. Chalean is great motivator. I like her in ChaLEAN Extreme too.
  • kawaiinekochi
    Options
    Although when I did turbofire I was on a lower calorie diet (I didn't know better at the time), but, knowing what I know now, I would never ever recommend doing it on a low calorie intake. It depends on your height but I really wouldn't go under 1500 net calories. If you have to work, pack snacks in advance or pack meals. Take Sunday or whatever the rest day is and plan/make all your meals.

I know eating is no joke. I learned it the hard way with my last program too. I did ChaLEAN Extreme and it was too "extreme" on days I did not eat enough (even on days I eat not-so-good stuff). I am planning on packing my lunch for work and bring snacks too.
    Follow the schedule as best you can. Don't do too many Hiit DVDs in a week.

I agree that you should do "new to class" when it's available, because the moves can be overwhelming. But the most important part is to keep moving and keep putting all your effort in. Even if you know you're not doing the right moves or you aren't doing them in the right order, just keep going and keep moving.

That is good advice! I want to do these workouts with good form, so I won't be surprised if I used "new to class" option more than once. Even with the Fire Starter class, it get overwhelming when they go faster with all those kicks, lol. I did not stop and kept going!
    Turbofire is really great, but make sure you eat your calories back from exercising. It is a high calorie burner ( I logged it as "kickboxing") and you'll need your fuel.

It felt a lot was burned from my first day! I made sure I eat three meals and two snacks to keep the fuel going!
    Good luck it's a great program!

Thank you! :smile:
  • kawaiinekochi
    Options
    Shakeology is already in my routine!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I just got my TurboFire set last night. I put in the Fire Starter dvd and just watched (I had a late dinner and didn't have time to digest my food to work out, nothing like going to bed on an upset stomach!) it, and omg it looks killer! I didn't see a "New to Class" option on that dvd, is it on the others? As soon as I get off work today I'm going to come home and get to work on me! :-)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the CLX/TF hybrid. My advice is to just lay it all out there on the floor. Do the best you can while learning the new moves, and allow yourself to make mistakes. If you have to pause the DVD to take a break, then pause the DVD and take your break. Drink lots of water and get your protein intake up : )

I absolutely love both programs and LOVE the hybrid. I didn't so much enjoy doing JUST the Turbofire alone, because I found it to be focused too much on cardio, not enough on strength (for me) so I'm doing them together. I'm having a great time with it!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    What do you log your workouts as? I did the Fire Starter dvd where she shows all the moves and it was 37 minutes long. I don't have a HRM so I don't know an accurate burn, but MFP says I burned 480 in that time (logged as kickboxing, including turbo jam).

Just curious if you guys log it as something else?