Beer lover

Options
Any advice from beer lovers. I drink lite beer and occassional low carb. I have incorporated it into my goals. Any advice or observations???:drinker:

Replies

• MamaPax
    Options
    I love beer too. I say make that your treat...when you have extra calories you can use during the day or weekend...go ahead and have some.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    I love Corona light! only 99 cals!!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Anyone tried that new ULTRA LIGHT beer from Budweiser? I believe they claim it only has 55 calories!!! I would like to try it myself!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Beck's Light Only 64 calories and doesn't taste water down... I drink this on the weekends
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Really?! Corona Light is only 99 cal? Awesome.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried that new ULTRA LIGHT beer from Budweiser? I believe they claim it only has 55 calories!!! I would like to try it myself!

I haven't tried it, but I did see that the alcohol content is only like 2.4%!!! Isn't that like having a 55 calorie glass of water w/ a shot of nyquil? :laugh:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options

I don't drink at all, but hubby does and I was going to ask this too! (He hasn't tried it yet).
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options

Its not bad....tastes a little watered down...I think it has less alcohol content than most of the other low cal beers...I just stick to ultra, its my favorite, plus they have the amber ultra if you have never tried it its pretty good
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    I pretty much hate light beers, but that's just a personal thing. I like my nut brown ales, red ales, and stouts. They are by no means low cal (150 for a pint) but I feel like I'm getting the full beer flavor and I really enjoy it so don't need more than one. I pour it in my favorite mug and slowly enjoy it. I don't chince on my beer or my sweets, I go for full rich flavors so I need much less to be satisfied!! Sometimes I get so full and pleased with a beer I can't finish it (but I do, there are sober kids in Africa ;) ). But I've been sticking with the rule that I only get a beer if I'm under my calories for the day (a great motivator!!).

- Unabashed Beer Snob :)