Lunch suggestions- help please!

Options
AiryM
AiryM Posts: 51 Member
I'm in search of lunch options that average around 300 calories and are filling.

I'm finding that I'm starving by 2:30 and I don't want to over do it with snacks.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Replies

• wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have rotissisier chicken (4oz) 2/3 cup of cooked brown rice, 1/2 cup of FF cottage cheese and some trader Joe's ff balsamic vinaigrette dressing all for about 350 calories. It keeps me full.

Good Luck!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you'd like to check it out for lunch ideas. Go back to like last month or the month before, because lately my lunches have been plain and boring and quick. Thankfully I go grocery shopping this weekend so they'll be back to normal soon!

Also, I have a food blog on my page full of low calorie, good recipes if you'd like to check that out too!
  • tiffyree
    tiffyree Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    a few of my favorites

a baked potato. top w/ salsa and 1/4c or 1oz 2% cheese and broccoli (just put my potatoe in the microwave)

Chopped Zucchini about 2 cups (also microwaved) add pizza sauce and 1/4c / 1oz shredded mozzerella or parmesean cheese and pepperoni (I use 5 pepperonis and cut them into smaller pieces, more for the added flavor)

spaghetti squash w/ marinara and mushrooms (left over from the night before)
  • laura9878
    Options
    Boarshead deli meat with tomatoes, spinach and cucumbers.
    Overnight Oatmeal (1/2 cup oatmeal 1/2 cup almond milk and fruit of your choice in the fridge overnight.) one of my favs!
    Tuna with celery and Waldens 0 calories ranch dressing
    1/2 cup Black beans with 1/2 cup brown rice with fresh salsa
    Boarshead deli turkey with spinach rolled up inside
    Lettuce cups with deli meat or tuna

Hope this helps ????
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My diary is also open if you want to have a look at lunches...

I'm lucky enough to have a small toaster oven at our work so it may not work for you the way I make my lunch, but for one of them, it's good cold as well...

Today I had an egg salad "taco". I make egg salad out of 2 eggs and 1 - 2 tablespoons of light mayo just to get things mixed up. Then I put that on a whole wheat tortilla and put some Daiya vegan cheddar cheese and toss it into the toaster oven to warm (you don't have to do this part and it would still be good). After that, I put in slices of tomato and cucumbers and then cover that with baby spinach. It keeps me so full that when it's time for snack time, I often don't even feel like it or forget because I don't feel hungry. That lunch is 400 calories - but you can adjust it to have one less egg or less mayo or no cheese to get it to your 300 calories.

The other one I have used pretty often are "fish tacos" with pretty much almost the same thing but with half of a high liner filet. It's all pretty easy to put together or make ahead and eat because I usually work while I'm eating. Hope you get a lot of suggestions and ideas!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    One of my favorite lunches that is quick and easy and very tasty is:
    One toasted bagel thin (or English muffin), preferably whole wheat. (100 calories)
    One wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese. (35 calories)
    1-2 slices of bacon. (40 calories)
    Lettuce and tomato. (10-15 calories)

It's only about 200 calories and very satisfying. Some fruit or yogurt on the side. Fills me up until dinner.
  • AiryM
    AiryM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Thanks everyone!!