treadmill on 2nd floor of the house

Options
Does anyone have pointers/guidelines about placing a treadmill on second floor of the house?
I am not sure these houses can bear the weight of a treadmill along with the person running on it.

Replies

• CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I live in a single story house with a slab foundation, so maybe I am not the best person to answer this. However, I'm not sure all houses CAN support a treadmill on the second floor.

Is there some way that you could find room for it on the first floor, instead?
  • stunr55
    Options
    Not recommended. In my case the popcorn ceiling in the livingroom would snow down whenever the treadmill in the bedroom above was being used. It's in the basement now, and gets a lot more use.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I live on the 2nd floor of our apartments, and the girl downstairs says she doesn't even hear it. I put a very thick mat underneath it though. Not sure if that would help.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    How old is the house? If you can put waterbeds with two people in them on the second floor, I would think a treadmill would be fine (except for that popcorn ceiling thing...:laugh:)