Breakfast Ideas???

Options
I'm getting tired of my old routine, smoothies and such and am looking for different options. Does anyone have any ideas or recipes? Like eggs or something with protein? Anything would be helpful. Thank you!

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal!!!

High fibre muesli with full fat greek yoghurt, honey and a splash of milk. 300 cals
    Porridge made with water and milk and a heaped teaspoon of peanut butter. 250 cals
    3 egg mushroom omelette using fry-light. 260 cals
    1 x buttered toast and 2 boiled eggs. 300 cals.

etc...... : )
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    I love scrambled eggs with a bit of diced chicken breast and half a tablespoon of salsa, usually enjoy that with a whole wheat bagel thin. I'm just a big egg person in general, I eat two or more a day, but usually its pretty basic: over medium (fried egg without oil, just PAM on the pan) with some pepper and garlic powder. goes great with almost anything.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Good thread. I am always looking to mix it up at breakfast. I find it the most challenging meal of the day to eat a variety of healthy foods at. I feel that lunch and dinner offer so many more choices.
  • preaser
    preaser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Search for 'egg muffin' in the recipe section. I found a recipe there that is like mini omelets. They are easy to make and warm up easy. The recipe calls for sausage, but I substituted ham and they were yummy also. I make them at night and then warm up in the mornings. If my son doesn't eat them all, they stay pretty tasty for quite a few days.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled with 2T of feta cheese and some grape or cherry tomatoes halved.
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am loving the new Peanut Butter Multi Grain Cheerios with skim milk.
  • net360
    net360 Posts: 9
    Options
    Oikos yogurt! 12 g of protein and low cal.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs

Belgian waffles and fried chicken

Breakfast burrito

Prosciutto, poached eggs and goat cheese on toast points
  • chojolitos
    Options
    Fruit and Cottage Cheese
    Veggie Omelet
    Today i try this and i like it :)

Bagel and Lox

1/2 bagel
    1 tbs. whipped cream cheese
    2oz. Smoked salmon
    2 tomatoe slices
    red onion slice

Best regards,
    Vio
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Apple cinnamon Chobani greek yogurt mixed with Kashi Cinnamon Crumble cereal (a little high in sugar but also protein and fiber)

Egg white muffins (I used Skinnytaste.com's Hash brown egg white nest recipe)

One egg and one egg white scrambled in the microwave and eaten on a high fiber english muffin.

In a pinch, I will have a SouthBeach protein cereal bar (I like PB) and some fruit.

Protein shake (I use unflavored protein powder and skim milk - then add fruit of your choice - my favorite is frozen banana and a tablespoon of cocoa powder, but you can use any kind of milk or fruit to your taste). My powder is 17 g of protein.