Desperatly Need Help with motivation

Options
Hi, I'm Beth (aka DrDonald). I am 38 with 2 kids who I would love to see grow up. I am morbidly obese. I have about 148lbs to lose and do not want to do surgery. I'm just addicted to food and do not exercise nearly enough as I should. So any supporters out there? I would LOVE new ideas on ways to cook veggies (I love most of them). I am trying to cut back on salt but is difficult. I am also quite addicted to Coke (cola not drug).

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    As with any addiction admitting you have a problem and the desire to change is a very big step, Congrats.
    I somehow stop caring about myself ate whatever whenever and became more than twice my high school weight.
    I would love to be friends and help with your life journey.
    Journalling is very important. I stopped for a while and my weight loss stopped.
    I restarted this last month and weight has been coming off again.
    Drink lots and lots of water add flavor if you have to like I do.
    I also started added protein whey to my morning coffee turning it into a healthy breakfast drink.
    For the Coke can you switch to diet? Diet Dr Pepper has less of a diet taste.
    Changing too much at a time will only discourage you so make small steps of positive change.
    Think Happy Thoughts about Your Beautiful Children.:happy:
  • lewshetland
    lewshetland Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose as well. Crisps and cheese are my downfall. I have been spending time finding the right exercises for me. We could motivate each other.
  • kookeepup
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Beth! The first thing I stopped drinking when I decided to lose weight was the soda. I too was addicted to it but knew it was really bad for my diet. It can be frustrating but with everyone's support and your hard work and perseverance you will start to shed the unwanted weight. I'm glad that you want to lose the extra weight safely. Please feel free to add me and we can lose weight together. :smile: