40+ Professional Looking for friends and motivation

Options
I'm not new, but never introduced myself, so I thought I would.

I'm 42 years old and happily married. I'm an accountant by trade and have a stressful (not every day) work life. I have one daughter who is 20, three step children (2 girls (20 & 21) and 1 boy (16)) as well as a sweet little granddaughter who is 4, and a sweet little cocker spaniel.

I finally graduated for the last time (7 years bachelors & masters) last August and now want to focus on me. My doctor told me in June that I was pre-diabetic and if I don't lose weight by eating healthy and exercising, I would be diabetic and have heart problems within the next 2-4 years... so, I made a plan, and on August 1st I began my journey here on MFP and have lost 25 pounds (some of those pounds were simply due to a liquid diet after oral surgery last week).

I am looking for more friends and motivators to support me on this journey, I will do the same for anyone who needs it. :smile:

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm a 42 year old data architect. I have one daughter who is 21 and about to have my first grand child any day now. I'm on here almost everyday and try to encourage all my firends. Please feel free to add me.
  • RenewME_2013
    RenewME_2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me... I'm 46 wanting to lose 40 lbs. I'm a crazy busy working mom too who's looking to change her lifestyle. I want to eat better and move more. I began tracking in MFP last week and have already lost 2 lbs.
  • Furbi
    Furbi Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm definatly not new, but for the first time I'm committed! I've made a few "good hearted attempts", but I have had to set me aside to take care of others. I finally put my foot down last week and told all those near and dear to me that "me" comes first for a long while. I have allowed others lives to come before my own, ate the stress and swallowed all the problems.

I would love to have some friends to motivate and help motivate me. Drop me a line, I would love to hear from you!
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me, I understand how study gets in the way of health, I trained as a nurse 13 years ago and still am in education now, looking forawrd to doing my masters. In the meanwhile I have entered and been accepted for the London marathon... I normally reside on the sofa so this is a very large challenge! I am 39 and have young children 5 and 2 we live by the sea in the Uk
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • mustangmonie
    mustangmonie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am just starting today and I'd love to have someone to do the motivation dance with. I'd like it if you'd add me.

I am a 50 year old wife and mother of 2 twenty somethings. I have 40-45 pounds to drop. I tried to send an introduction my self just minutes before you. I guess I did it wrong and once the post showed up in the introductions there were already new introduction entries so I don't know if I will get any fitness pals from that. It would be great to have you to cheer on.

I know I'm quite fortunate as I have not had the doctor express concerns about my health, but I want to do what I can to prevent that from happening. It is only a matter of time when I am 5'5" and 172 lbs. It simply can't be good for my health and it feels pretty awful.

You have already done a great job with your weight loss. People in the know always say diet and exercise changes can lead to remarkable reversal of diabetic conditions. Going forward you'll just be adding some brawn to those brains you've been nurturing with all that school.
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! Glad to have some new MFPals, lets motivate each other to reach our goals!!