Insanity/Turbo Fire/P90x...When to start?

Options
My current weight is 272 and I am 5'9". I've been considering trying one of these programs, but I hesitate because I get discouraged easily. I know these programs aren't easy. I hate feeling failure, so if I cannot do a certain motion in a work out video or I get exhausted easily from it, it doesn't take me long to give up. Definitely not a good quality to have, but I can't help it, it's just a reminder of how bad I've let myself get. Anyway, when would be a good time for me to try one of these programs without getting discouraged? Which would be best to start out? I'm open to other program suggestions too!

Replies

• pepelepew84
    pepelepew84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've done all of these programs and you're right, they're no joke! I think the easiest and more enjoyable of the three is Turbofire. I believe it now even has a starter pack for those who prefer to ease into it. It is the most fun I've ever had in a workout. I totally loved it! I'd definitely leave Insanity for later, it's like the holy inquisition torture chamber in a fitness dvd. P90X is oriented towards building some muscle while burning calories but it's more old school, industrial set, perhaps kinda boring though not particularly difficult.

Personally, I went from Turbofire to Chalean Xtreme to Insanity and then Insanity/P90X hybrid. I tried Insanity before Turbofire and I found it near impossible. But that's my personal opinion.
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started with turbofire, and agree it is fun, I weight 237lbs at the time, but it does start fairly easy and works up to it, because of joint problems I often used the modifications, and did worry until I found that the person doing the modified moves lost 50lb.

I then moved to Chalean extreme/turbofire hybrid, too scared yet to start insanity or P90x, though do now have both
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Is there a place to get Turbo Fire free online? I'm not opposed to purchasing the DVDs, but I'd like to avoid it if possible...$10/hour doesn't get ya very far.