Help to find out what im doing wrong!!???

Options
Ok, so ive pretty much cut out carbs as much as possible apart from those i get from veggies. I have cut out sugary drinks such as soda, and opt for sugarfree if i get the cravings.
I only allow myself one coffee in the mornings and try to limit most foods that i shouldn t have, i dont have bread, or starchy veggies - apart from the odd sweet potato.

I try to eat breakfast, at the monment i have belvita breakfast cookies as im getting up a bit later, which i have with a coffee.
I have corn thins for lunches w3ith chicken or tuna.
I try to have more 3/4 of my plate being veggies at night and the other 1/4 proteins.

I try to exercise everyday, on the treadmill for 30min fast walk, then moderate exercycling for 30min. (only had 5days the last week though)

Just wondering if anyone had any tips as im not loosing anything and ive been doing this 4 weeks!!! so far ive only lost 2kg, but now it seems ive put 1kg back on!?

Replies

• tmoore_20
    tmoore_20 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bumping for you...I have somewhat the same problem, It seems like no matter how hard I work the most I lose is about 2 lbs per month- if that!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you are eating enough.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I know we all want to see the scale go down. It can be tough and frustrating. For the last 5 months I only lost 11 lbs,!!
    I was eating clean and exercising!!! But only 11 in 5 months, really??

I was sick over the scale not moving, but everybody told me they could see how I was losing weight, and my clothes were getting too big.

But I went and measured, and I lost a total of over 23 inches!!
    So my body was compositioning itself.
    I lost fat, but becuase I was exercising I gained strength and muscle.

So take measurements every so often, don't let the scale be your only means of measurement.

Keep going, it will move!!
    Ivy
  • nikkim2308
    nikkim2308 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Are you eating enough?
    Sometimes it just takes a couple of weeks for our bodies to adapt to new diet and exercise. I was dieting for a couple of weeks before anything started to come off but it is starting to come off now. Hope this helps;) Good luck!
  • tastincel
    Options
    What I find works well is I have 6 meals a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner and 3 small meals between. That helps me to not feel hungry or deprived, then I don't over eat at meals :)
  • Suevos
    Suevos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Remember that you do need to eat enough food to allow your body to feel comfortable about releasing the weight, if you body thinks it is starvation mode, you will slow your metabolism down and the weight will be a struggle to come off. Make sure you are eating enough for your body weight and height !!! Protein is super important and a certain amount of carbs are required. Cheers
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    ideally you want to average 1.5 to 2 lbs a week weight loss so you are right there.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    You're going to get sick of reading this: You aren't eating enough.

I looked through 2 weeks with about half of those days logged and I saw one day where you were over 1200 cals.

My advice: find your BMR from MFP or fat2fitradio and eat AT LEAST that amount every day. Do that for a month and see if your weight shifts. You don't have to jump all at once if it's a huge amount of calories. Try to eat 100 more cals a day until you get to your BMR.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You have to eat food and drink water to lose weight. I am 5'4, my wt is 248, I am eating 2034 cals a day, (I do not eat back the cals I burn) and I drink 15 glasses of water a day (there about) and my wt is falling off. You must eat in order for your body to be able to have enough energy to burn fat, and you must drink water in order for your body to relieve itself of toxins.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This will explain what I am doing in more detail. I hope it helps you as well as it helps me.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you are logging all of your food. I see a few days missed. Also, it doesn't look like you are eating enough, I see many days under 1200 calories. You need to eat at least 1200 calories.
  • gayle4882
    gayle4882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok.....I really want to help you (this is my specialty) but I need more info. It doesn't seem like your food diaries are complete. You are very spuratic logging in your food and you MUST log EVERYTHING. I know this sounds like a lot of time but you will get better at it as time goes by. The mistake that I see with most dieters is that:

1. Over estimating the amount of exercise you do and calories burned

2. Under estimating the amount of food (calories) you eat.

3. Under exercising. You must exercise!!!!! You can't lose weight on just diet alone.

4. Not drinking enough water. half your body wieght in ounces is recomended.

Please log in your food and exercise more consistantly so we can get a better picture of what is going on.

Hugs
    Gayle
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Based on your diaries that you have logged would say eat more and drink more water. Eating 600-700 calories is no where enough to maintain your bodily functions. Assume your diary is accurate and agree with what others have said that you need to weigh/measure and log consistently.
  • bbydl64
    bbydl64 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have gone to 3 different websites for BMR, put in the EXACT SAME information and got 3 DIFFERENT answers. Take an average.Cut back 500 calories a day with cutting back foor and exercising. That should be 1 pound per week.
  • booitsk8
    booitsk8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I lost fat, but becuase I was exercising I gained strength and muscle.

So take measurements every so often, don't let the scale be your only means of measurement.

Keep going, it will move!!
    Ivy

this is right. you seem to be doing a lot of excercise. you will find that your body will change shape and you will be loosing the fat, but muscle weighs more than fat so thats probably why the scales arent moving very much. dont know if this helps but when i was in the gym i had the same problem so i switched to swimming and ive lost 60lbs since the middle of january. stick with it and try different things until you find something that works for you. good luck :)

ps...i didnt look at your diary. you have to log everything and you must eat enough or your body will go in to starvation mode and cling on to the weight you have. thats why you have the calories calculated for you on here. also, you could get ill if you arent eating enough x
  • bettybo0pxox
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

thanks sooo much for your help, i though eating less was the key, but now realise my body must think its starving, so feel free to view my diary over the next few days and i will try log everything more accurately, and eat more :)
    I never thought eating more to loose was right, but now i realise its exactly what i need !!!! thanks everyone, and feel free to add me :)