NSV - I can put my jeans in the dryer!

Options
You know how jeans kind of "shrink up" when you put them in the dryer? I used to avoid this because then they were pretty snug and I would be uncomfortable wearing them for the first little while till they loosened up again. I justified not putting them in the dryer by saying that the heat from the dryer was not good for the fabric and I was extending the life of my clothes by hanging them to dry. There may be some truth in that, but really, I just didn't want to feel fat when I put them on fresh out of the dryer and they were too tight.
Those same jeans... My boyfriend did laundry and put them in the dryer... They were loose this morning when I put them on! I am finding myself pulling them up all day today even fresh out of the dryer! Yay!

Replies

• jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ha! This made me laugh! I do the exact same thing!
  • sweetkeys
    sweetkeys Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Love those NSVs!!!!!
  • dare2begin
    dare2begin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than putting on jeans and finding them loose!!
    I used the same excuses too! Love it!
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience yesterday morning.

My jeans got to be so uncomfortable I was debating sizing up when I found the MFP app. Yesterday morning, though, I put them on right out of the dryer and marvelled at how flat my tummy had gotten in just the few weeks I'd been doing this. accomplished by eating right and working out. I have aways to go, but I'm starting to feel a littl sexier.
  • moityrr
    moityrr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's awesome lol...I do the same thing so am looking forward to being able to dry my jeans and be able to breathe ;)
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I am not the only one who did this! I felt a little silly admitting it, but proud of my progress so had to share!
  • AllyDelair
    AllyDelair Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahaha! this cracked me up! i could never dry my jeans either! in my bedroom they hung because i couldnt squeeze into them when put in the dryer! but i can now, so i know the feeling! Good job! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!