Where does weight loss show first?

Options
What I mean is, when you lose weight, where does it start showing first? I've heard that it shows in your face first. I'm just curious and figured I'd give it a shot and see if anyone knows.

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    It seems pretty individual.
    Some people see it in the face, some in the chest, some in the butt, some in the tummy... It all depends on the individual.
    I see it in my waist and tummy first, but a few weeks ago a friend noticed cus she said my face looked skinnier. haha
  • mamacassi
    Options
    My butt. lol I have no butt but I lose whatever I have there, then my face. I've been dieting a month or so and lost over 10 pounds. But I think it shows everywhere really, in little ways!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It is different for everyone. I lost weight in my face first but my friend was the exact opposite. She lost from her waist first and her face was one of the last places that was noticable.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think you see it in the face first due to the dietary changes. You reduce the sodium and junk, and the swelling goes out of your face.

As far as actual weight, last on, first off!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Butt first. I have noticed that the puffiness in my eyes is decreased too and I have cheekbones again.
  • AngelaRae23
    Options
    I really don't know anymore, lol. I've lost 12lbs and NOBODY has noticed :(
    and im not that big to start with, i'm 5'11 and 183lbs, came down from 195
    I can't see the loss at all, and apparently neither can anyone else : (
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think it shows in my smile first. :smile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It takes some time for your new body to settle in. A lot of times people don't even notice my weight loss until I've stopped dieting for awhile.
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I love that! Great quote!
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    Face and arm pits (I know that's gross, but all of the sudden I noticed they weren't so squishy).
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Umm...yeah...bye bye boobs. hahaha
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Mine has definitely been my face :bigsmile: followed by my butt and boobs :grumble:
  • hollandlop
    Options
    Face and arm pits (I know that's gross, but all of the sudden I noticed they weren't so squishy).

same here ! plus a little around my tummy.
  • JustJamie
    JustJamie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hmm, interesting replies all around. I especially liked the post that said they notice it in their smile. :smile:
    I have only lost 5lbs, but I feel like my face looks thinner.
    I mostly want it to show difference in my tummy! Argh! That's my main problem area, then my legs, then my arms in that order. I don't think my butt really changes too much, it's always been kinda curvy even when the rest of me was skinny, lol. And I don't think my boobs will go down too much, considering I've had C's since I was 11 or 12 (and actually thin)! They're a D now, but, honestly, I'd be glad to get rid of some of them! :wink:
  • luvmygrandkidstx
    luvmygrandkidstx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine has been in my face and tummy area.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I noticed in my hips/waist first and then a few days ago I noticed my face was skinnier! :happy: Next to go should be butt and thighs :smile:
  • newnormal2010
    Options
    I really don't know anymore, lol. I've lost 12lbs and NOBODY has noticed :(
    and im not that big to start with, i'm 5'11 and 183lbs, came down from 195
    I can't see the loss at all, and apparently neither can anyone else : (

I'm with you! I've lost 17.5 lbs, and I can't see a difference anywhere! No one's asked me if I've lost weight, yet, either. :ohwell:
    I keep hoping that there will come a day when all of a sudden it shows! :wink:
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    Umm...yeah...bye bye boobs. hahaha

agreed...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

perfect answer!!:flowerforyou:
  • nickkehagias
    Options
    The more fat I burn, the better my boobs look.

+1 for being a guy.

:tongue: