tefal actifry recipe's ?

Options
hi, does anyone have a tefal actifry for making chips, roast potatoes, etc have you any recipe's for low fat meals or any tips on using it without oil?
i wondered if i could do carrotts and parsnips and other roasted veg in it?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    I saw the commercial for that several days back, and wondered about it. In the commercial they use a tablespoon of oil, and my first thought was does it really need a tablespoon of oil or would it work with less. I find very often the amount of oil that is used in recipes is way more than they really need, however, I am not willing to shell out the money for one of these just to test that out.
  • 61TJ
    61TJ Posts: 15
    Options
    Making chips in the actifry is really enhanced by putting your green spoon of oil, and a generous teaspoon of minced garlic.....yum!!!!
  • juliejukes
    juliejukes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've made chips in the actifry without oil and they are fluffy inside but a bit dry on the outside, more like wedges than chips, however a wee splash of vinegar soon sorted them out
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    Chips are great in the actifry.

Rileysowner, 1 use only a teaspoon of oil, not a tablespoon and works out fine.

karendzar, I do chips and roast vegies (potato's and pumpkin) cubed, dash of oil and 25mins later, poof, best roast vegies ever!!, not dripping in oil, nice and crisp. There are heaps of recipes in the book you get with it. You can cook just about anything in it that usually gets cooked in oil, but all products must be cut up into small pieces otherwise it can't turn them over.