fun facts

Options
deedeehawaii
deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
[I saw this list online. I have not verified its accuracy, so some facts might not be true. But still it is interesting.]

Did you know...

If shop mannequins were real women, they would be too thin to menstruate.

There are 3 billion women who don't look like supermodels and only 8 who do.

Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12.

If Barbie were a real woman, she'd have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.

The average American woman weighs 144 lbs. and wears between a size 12 and 14.

One out of every 4 college aged women has an eating disorder.

The models in the magazines are airbrushed - they are not perfect!

A psychological study in 1995 found that 3 minutes spent looking at models in a fashion magazine caused 70% of women to feel depressed, guilty and shameful.

Twenty years ago models weighed 8% less than the average woman, today they weigh 23% less.

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Some women put way too much emphasis on being "stick skinny" but I don't know one guy that really likes that kind of woman. Most guys want a woman with a little meat on their bones but it's really more important for the person to be content with themself and healthy...
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Some women put way too much emphasis on being "stick skinny" but I don't know one guy that really likes that kind of woman. Most guys want a woman with a little meat on their bones but it's really more important for the person to be content with themself and healthy...
    I love hearing a guy's perspective on us women. You sound like my husband. I agree with the being content with themselves and healthy. The ever elusive goal....

WELCOME!
  • rachefc
    Options
    My next door neighbour is stick thin bordering on looking anorexic and her husband regularly tells her he would prefer her to look a healthier weight - too skinny is unhealthy ... but my current weight is unhealthy too - I'm aiming for 147pounds so that I keep my curves but look and feel a bit healthier!!
  • jchapple
    Options
    'Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12.'

And didn't she look fabulous....... Womanly.
  • gym_rat
    Options
    The whole Marilyn Monroe thing is a complete myth. She was a size 12 in HER day... that's a lot different than a size 12 by today's standards. She was more like a 6.
    Yes, I watched a documentary on her, lol.
  • hjsyndrome
    Options

I totally agree with this!!!!
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The whole Marilyn Monroe thing is a complete myth. She was a size 12 in HER day... that's a lot different than a size 12 by today's standards. She was more like a 6.
    Yes, I watched a documentary on her, lol.
    I googled. When she died she weighed 117 pounds and was 5ft 5 1/2 inches.
    Yes, that sure would not be a 12 by today's fashion sizes.