Broke through my plateau..FINALLY!!!

Options
urso99
urso99 Posts: 37 Member
Took almost 3 weeks, but I did it!!!

I was stuck at 10 lbs, and I was busting my *kitten*, running 3 miles, logging every bite, lifting weights, and I was stuck and gaining!!

So last week after a breakdown, I decided I will cut back on the exercising, ( EEK!) and keep my cals at a steady 1500. I was sooo affraid to stop, for fear that my lazy ways would take over!!

So here I am a week later, and in 4 days I went from 189.2 to 185.8!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• da4uvus
    da4uvus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! I too am stuck at my plateau and it is oh so frustrating. Glad to hear you were able to overcome it! :-)
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Your body gets used to what you're doing and the same things stop being effective. I haven't lost in a week and I'm thinking I need to change up my workouts. I'm already eating 1200 cals a day so I don't have much wiggle room with those.
  • eleciap
    Options
    Congrats!
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    good for you hunny! Congrats!
  • ATXrunner
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I've been stuck for a while and I think it is time to take your advice. Thanks. =)
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing this information. I've been dealing with small plateaus lately, and have wondered if doing something similar would help with that. It's nice to hear your experience. Way to stick with it, even through a discouraging plateau!!:drinker:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    im stuck at 189..

i guess we are close to the same page i am going to work harder ... u are an inspiration.... good luck for your wight loss to come!!!!1
  • marzenka012192
    Options
    im stuck at 182:/ if i go under, in the next day or two im over it again... and i really don't understand why. i work my *kitten* off, burning over 900 calories, about 3 times a week, and i still gain.. grrrr.
    but its great that you've passed your plateau :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You are living proof that we all need to hang in there. Listening to your body and making small changes makes a difference. You could have easily just thrown in the towel and said "to heck with this! I am just eating what I want since I am not losing." You were strong and wise. Kudos!
  • tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is sooooooooooooooooooo good to hear, very very similar story to you, I am stuck at 10 lbs have been for what seems like ages, lots of exercise, run 5k 6 or 7 times a week and log absolutely everything I eat, most people have said to eat more as I am always under my calorie goal...................so watch this space, am hoping to break through my plateau too, wish me luck ;-) xxxxx
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    with 2 years on here, and hitting my original goal +6........I know the frustration you feel when the big P comes a knockin

TIME

That is the one thing I have seen consistantly with everyone. Take the time........let some time pass.....while you tweak a bit here and there.

So proud of your accomplishments!!:flowerforyou:
  • alagrape
    alagrape Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congradulations!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Your body gets used to what you are doing whether it be working out or eating. The food plan I am on tells us to change up our exercise routing and boost. For instance, every fourth day, I eat a double serving of either a protein or a carb for one of my meals. It tricks your body and I've continued to lose weight every week since october. Up to 45 lbs gone and 44 inches.

Total calories for one meal should be between 300 to 500 (these calculations are for women)
    protein should be between 15 to 30
    carbs 30 to 45
    fat 20 to 30% OR Less of total calories
    fiber 20 to 25 / day
    Sodium LESS than 700 mgs for a meal

I've been sticking with these numbers and working out every day. My loss every week is usually 2 lbs.

I haven't hit a plateau yet but I think it's because I'm boosting every fourth day. Hope this helps. Christine
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey CDavis1226,

What's Boosting?

: )
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did stick with it, and tweeking for the last 3 week, my only resort was either eating less, NOOOO!! So like I said I ate a few cals more, cut back my strenuous workouts, and I guess it shocked my body!!

For those that are running and ad 1200, it is way to low, I've realized that. There is no way I could go lower! I would fail miserably!! So upping it was the only solution I could see! And just walking at a brisk pace instead of pushing my heartrate to the max!
    Dont quit, you'll only feel worse in about a week!!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    awsome, I to was stuck but eat more protein or an extra carb to shock my system into weight loss again, works for me :bigsmile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I also just broke through a 3 week plateau yesterday! I started eating *MORE* and I had one ridiculous meal last Sunday in an effort to "shock" my metabolism. :wink:

I love that eating more was the solution. No wonder I've never been successful breaking a plateau before (I'm the exact same weight I gave up last time I was trying to lose weight 6 years ago).
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I seem to hit one of those stinkers every 10 pounds :grumble: But I stick to it and and tweek things a bit here and there and then its starts coming off again. But one thing everyone might keep in mind is that if you look at the journey you are on, we have climbed mountains to loss the weight and when we hit a plateau we have reached a level place so the nice thing about being level is that we can see where we have come from and were we are going and there are no obsticals in our way of either veiw :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did stick with it, and tweeking for the last 3 week, my only resort was either eating less, NOOOO!! So like I said I ate a few cals more, cut back my strenuous workouts, and I guess it shocked my body!!

For those that are running and ad 1200, it is way to low, I've realized that. There is no way I could go lower! I would fail miserably!! So upping it was the only solution I could see! And just walking at a brisk pace instead of pushing my heartrate to the max!
    Dont quit, you'll only feel worse in about a week!!

I always say if you start at 1200 when you have 50 pounds to lose, where the heck will you go when you have 10??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!