Where does weight loss show first?

Options

Replies

• Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Unfortunately I always feel like I lose it from my chest & my butt first :( I already have like no butt so I hate when I lose it from there haha But my family says they notice it in my face & that my waist has definitely lost some inches. Some people lose it all over and lose their face last.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    I think it shows in my smile first. :smile:

Love it, very cool quote. People have told me my overall demeanor seems better too. A gleam in my eye, so to speak. I was at church last week and a few people commented on how good I looked. Made my wife take a second glance at me to see what all the fuss was about. LOL
  • alagrape
    alagrape Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It shows first in your mid section most of the time!
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I always notice in my chest first then my face and butt my stomach os always the last to go.
  • alagrape
    alagrape Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I joined this program 10 days ago and I've already lost 7 lbs, it shows in my waist line and my face!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I really don't know anymore, lol. I've lost 12lbs and NOBODY has noticed :(
    and im not that big to start with, i'm 5'11 and 183lbs, came down from 195
    I can't see the loss at all, and apparently neither can anyone else : (

I'm with you! I've lost 17.5 lbs, and I can't see a difference anywhere! No one's asked me if I've lost weight, yet, either. :ohwell:
    I keep hoping that there will come a day when all of a sudden it shows! :wink:

Ladies, I'm sure that means that you both looked great to begin with and the only ones who noticed that you even needed to lose weight in the first place was YOU. Being so tall, you can carry the extra weight better than someone shorter than you without looking overweight. Keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
  • JuDurand
    Options
    I believe too that it depends for every person, because our body reacts differently. For me, I noticed it first on my butt, but mostly everyone noticed my face (which I wasn't seeing personally) that was getting thinner.

Now I'm getting comments almost every day and it's a great motivation to keep on going!

Just keep up your efforts!

By the way, I'm 5'6'' and it took at least 15 pounds until someone noticed...
  • aljohnson
    Options
    I've only lost 8lbs but I noticed it first in my chest and so did EVERYONE else. I went from wearing a 42FF - 42DD. Needless to say my boyfriend wasn't so happy but I'm finally able to buy "sexy" bras! :)
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I find I lose weight right under my boobs at first, which is already the smallest part of my body. I kind of notice it in my arms at first too. After about 20 lbs (I lost 40 lbs 2 years ago) I find my stomach starts to get smaller and I've never lost enough wait that i've noticed a chance in my legs. I do notice when I work out more the chances in my muscles in my legs though. I don't usually notice any change in my face until i randomly see a picture after 20-30lbs and i dont recognize it aha.
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    In the first week, my tummy gets flatter, then the butt an hips follow. Face is last for me :)
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. For me, it has ALL come off my hips. People started noticing about 8 pounds in, but I'm only 5'3" because they rounded up on my driver's license :laugh: So 8 pounds on me is like 16 pounds on a woman who is 5'8", I think.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have to say I lost first in my waist. I got measured a few days ago & I've lost 4 inches in my waist!!!:happy: I was so excited!!! My arms are getting more toned also, but my butt doesn't look any smaller to me. Obviously, my butt & hips are getting a bit smaller since I'm fitting back into jeans that were too small for me!:drinker: I think I show in my face also when I lose weight. People are just different. My husband has lost like 20 lbs & no one can tell he ever even had that weight before! I notice his pants are looser, but no one else can see a difference.
  • JustJamie
    JustJamie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do weekly weigh-ins on Mondays and monthly measuring on the 1st. I just can't wait to see what (if anything) I've lost!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    For me it shows in my face first, then my hips and thighs. I have implants so my boobies bever go away! :bigsmile: I :heart: that!
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I'm with you! I've lost 17.5 lbs, and I can't see a difference anywhere! No one's asked me if I've lost weight, yet, either. :ohwell:
    I keep hoping that there will come a day when all of a sudden it shows! :wink:

My bet is that people have noticed, but don't know how to compliment you!
    Congrats on the losing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. For me, it has ALL come off my hips. People started noticing about 8 pounds in, but I'm only 5'3" because they rounded up on my driver's license :laugh: So 8 pounds on me is like 16 pounds on a woman who is 5'8", I think.
    I am 4'11'', so every little bit shows!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Anytime I've lost any amount of weight, people have commented they noticed it in my face first so I guess for me it's the face.
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad, I had lost 26 pounds before anyone noticed!
    But I noticed before then... in my clothes and in the mirror.
    : )
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Apparently I lost it off my back first, so while I didn't notice a friend of mine pointed it out. :laugh: I have lost fairly evenly... 11 inches off my bust and hips and 9 off my waist. I had probably lost 20lbs before anyone noticed, but I was loosing off of everywhere at once. A coworker had gone on holidays for 2 weeks and when she came back told me that it looked like I had lost half my face :laugh: :laugh: I think it has become old news to people as most don't say anything to me anymore. :laugh: :laugh:

I find that all of a sudden I will notice some part of me is significantly smaller.
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i think i'm losing it off my chest/back first. Not necessarily my boobs, just my chest, does that make sense? I was wearing a bra today that used to be super tight on me and my chest would be hurting by the time i got home. Today I noticed the strap across my back kept sliding down. :)

I hope I don't start losing my boobs though. I've only got B's to begin with! lol