Low calorie alcohol...

Options
Going to a friend's house tonight for some fun and need some low calorie alcohol ideas?? There has to be something out there...not a fan of beer...I am more of a girly drink kind of girl. Can you help me out? :)

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Girly drinks will get you in trouble (calorie-wise, anyway!). Stay away from anything with mixers or fruit juices. Best bet is a flavored rum with diet sprite or bourbon with diet coke. If you like cream soda, try vanilla vodka with ginger ale! YUM.
  • hallswan
    Options
    ironically - Champagne seems to be the lowest or sparkling wine
  • scrappy11
    Options
    Okay sounds great thanks ladies! :)
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    While ounce for ounce, beer has less calories one tends to drink more in volume over the course of a night. I have found that the sveltest drink at the bar is a vodka or gin with club soda and a twist of lime.

Careful with the happy-effect! Getting tipsy may cause you to start gnoshing late at night.
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    vodka with sugar free redbull or diet coke is by far the best! 59 calories, enjoy!!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Make your girlie drinks with low/no cal additives (diet soda, sparkling water, skim milk, sugar free juice, etc) and keep the alcohol part to a minimum.
  • laurenashley923
    Options
    bourbon and diet coke or vodka and diet mountain dew are my favorites! has anyone tried the new 55 calorie select beer?
  • lilshorde56
    Options
    regular vodka with club soda lemons and lime!!!!!!!!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    tequilla and diet squirt is delish!
  • Badtz
    Badtz Posts: 14
    Options
    OMG!!! JUST SAY NOOOOO TO ALMOST ANYTHING LABLED "SUGAR FREE"!!!!! They almost all contain aspartame, and it is HORRIBLE for you...

If you need to mix your Vodka with something (if you wanna minimize the carbs/calories, mix Vodka or Gin with seltzer water- not a lot of flavor, esp. if you like your sweet drinks like me, but it will keep you "sipping" and not "guzzling" your calories down). If I need to mix it with something sweet (one of those "gotta have it" days), Hansen's or Jones's brands make great sugar-free soda's that don't have all the garbage in them other "diet" soda's have.... Jones even makes a "Zilch" series of Soda's that have ZERO CALORIES, made with all-natural ingredients sweetened with Sucralose (like Splenda). The only problem is, the Zilch series is hard to find =(
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Vodka and rum (light & spiced) all have (roughly) 70 calories per OUNCE. A standard shot (in the US) is 1.5 ounces. So, you're looking at roughly 100 calories per shot. Mix the shot with a low or no calorie mixer or mix it with juice & count those calories.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I say just plan it out. Get your butt to a DVD or the gym and sweat off a good 300 - 500 extra calories so you can have some fun tonight. If you like tomato juice bloody mary's are around 100 calories (not counting olives) and you can always water down juice. Have a screwdriver with REAL orange juice mixed with half water.
  • Chrisgarcia1287
    Options
    vodka with sugar free redbull or diet coke is by far the best! 59 calories, enjoy!!!

Thats one of my favorite drinks lol, or Crown and sugar free redbull :P
  • ohsosillyalli
    Options
    I'm all about this new vodka, it's the first Low Cal Vodka- Voli. It's like 80 calories and I just use soda and a lemon wedge. Tastes amazing and comes in 5 great flavors.

I love it!
  • fig03
    fig03 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kettle one on the rocks with 2 orange slices...I squeeze/mottle them in and add my own splash of water. Yummy! 90ish cal, 5 carbs, and 4g sugar (64 for 1oz vodka) (20 for orange)

I also slip a bottle of Mio in my purse when going to parties so I can squirt a few drops in my vodka. It comes in all flavors! (sucralose and acesulfame, not the best for you, but ZERO cal)