what would you make?

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
i am hosting bible study at my house this monday and need to provide the (homemade) breakfast. last month, i had crustless veggie quiche, bacon and oranges. any suggestions on what to fix this month?
dawn

Replies

• gottagetitoff
    Options
    go to www.myrecipes.com search breakfast...most recipes are from Cooking Light so you can see the nutritional info...have fun!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit salad and a giant egg-beaters frittata with tiny diced ham and lowfat cheddar, or one with onion, mushroom & lowfat swiss (or 2 medium ones of each flavor) I'd probably buy a bag or two of those small bagels or low cal english muffins (the 100 calorie ones) & put out a tub of Brummel & Brown (or something similar) and neufchâtel cheese (lowfat cream cheese)
  • laurenashley923
    Options
    fruit salsa with baked tortillas for dipping :)
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Here is a reciepe for a healthy french toast and the picture just looks delicious!

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/breakfast/stuffed-french-toast/?sssdmh=dm17.416872&esrc=nwfitdailytip013010&email=1865969725

Stuffed French Toast
    Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients
    1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
    2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup strawberry jam
    8 1-inch slices French bread
    2 egg whites
    1 egg, slightly beaten
    3/4 cup fat-free milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
    Nonstick cooking spray

Directions

1.Combine the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons jam. Make a slit in each slice of French bread to form a pocket; fill each with about 1 tablespoon of the cream-cheese mixture.
    2.In a small bowl, combine egg whites, egg, milk, vanilla, and apple pie spice. Lightly coat a nonstick griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
    3.Dip the bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides. Place slices on the hot griddle. Cook about 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
    4.Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the 1/2 cup of jam until melted, stirring frequently. Pour over French toast.

Nutrition facts per serving (2 slices): 300 calories, 14g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 2g fat (0g saturated), 0g fiber
  • PinguimPraiero
    PinguimPraiero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do you have muffin trays?

I saw a great idea to make breakfasts for on-the-go mornings using a muffin tray. That may be just perfect for this type of occasion with many people. If you're interested, a google search will help you find the recipes.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    What about an oatmeal bar? Fix up a bunch of oatmeal and put toppings out: brown sugar, cinnamon, fruit, granola, nuts....the sky's the limit! That would please everyone and wouldn't be too much of a hassle.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks! these all look so great! so many good ideas, how am i going to choose? :)
  • dvincent
    Options
    I went to a Thursaday evening Bible Study group and the hostess served from a store-bought fruit tray, topped the fruit with
    cool-whip. It was fabulous! Pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon & best strawberries ever!
    Of course the fruit was shipped in from another state since it's winter in Oregon, so the challenge is finding the best fruit !