emotional eating

Options
How long does it take to overcome being an emotional eater? I think that has been the major contributor to my weight gain over the years. I have done good but here lately I am under alot of stress that includes but not limited to miscarriages, financial issues and high stress job. Right now I want to eat...I dont think that I am hungry but I grew up with food as a friend. Has anyone else had or have this issue and what have you done or what do you do to get over the issue??? Desperate for advice and help from anyone and everyone!!!

Replies

• NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi Honey! I'm an emotional eater too! Anything goes wrong, I eat. I found that if I switch what I munch on to low calorie things, it's not as bad. Things like beef jerky, pickles, air popped popcorn. I also drink a lot of water to help with feeling full! That being said, When I'm really stressed, I just go all out. Bad, I know. I try to get a good work out before or after. Not much help, sorry!
  • cocochannel06
    Options
    hey adjones_21,
    i have the same problem as you, . I have 75 lbs to lose. Im starting my journey today.... what i do that really motivates me is, i say to myself before i eat something. am i hungry, will this make me feel better most of the time it doesnt and i end up drinking water with lemon. and another thing that really works for me is keeping in mind what i want to look like so anytime i want to eat junk food or just eat when im not hungry i remind my self that i really want to fit in does jeans or i want to go to the beach does kind of things.
    a quote that really helps me is this: '' Even though I overeat in private my excess poundage is there for all the world to see.''
    hope it help!!! feel free to add me (anyone) :) and good luck in your journey