Two voices.

Options
I sometimes wonder if I am going mad as whenever I am on any kind of healthy eating plan I have two voices in my head.One that is encouraging and keeps me aware that I am fabulous and that I will be AMAZING once I lose 56lbs..
Then there is a annoying voice that tells me to have what I want and start the diet tomorrow.It's like a constant battle and drives me mad.I think this is what makes losing weight hard for me.
Does anyone else have the "second voice"?
Also the first time I used Paul Mckenna's "I will kae you thin" cd it actually worked yet only lasted a short while.I then bought acai berries.They worked for a short while.Not sure why nothing works on me...but I never give up trying. :o)

Replies

• mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Mine has a name, Chocolate.
  • comeon_skinnylove
    Options
    mine tells me that it's worth it, that i'll achieve the body of my dreams if i keep up this hard work.

the other one says you're in college, eat whatever while you're young. that cupcake looks delicious.
  • MsBubblyBlonde
    Options
    lol...the name of mine is " total lack of willpower". I am very strong minded,I gave up smoking 15 years ago,no problem what so ever.........but my weight has been the bane of my life.How can one be so strong minded yet not have any willpower to lose weight?
    Wish they sold willpower in bottles.:laugh:
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    Having only two? You are all lucky .. My voices talk to each other about me!!!
  • MsBubblyBlonde
    Options
    @mfpseven---Well done on your weight loss.You are doing great.!Keep it up. :smile:
  • mjbauer
    mjbauer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    it happens to me CONSTANTLY... like even when I'm doing awesome, and I'm on track and losing weight like no tomorrow, and feeling great because of it, deep down the saboteur voice pops up and is like 'you've been working so hard, you deserve to indulge!' and i'm like 'yeah, i do deserve to indulge!' and then i have to RE-LOSE the same freaking weight over and over again!

Lately I've just been trying to take it one day at a time. Focus on making positive healthy choices all day and only for that day, and then the next morning start all over again. Bottom line, it's super hard work, and I think it will always be hard work for me, but in the end I know it's worth it!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    mine is a clown who says if I stop eating happy meals he'll die. true story.
  • sexytomboy
    Options
    I completely agree with you! It's like whenever I start dieting, my "other" voice starts to crave every out landish food I would have never even wanted had I not told myself that I was "dieting". It's been difficult for me at best, but I think I have finally found my nitch. My goal is to loose 70 puonds.. I know it sounds like a lot, but when your 5'9, 248lbs, I have some weight to spare. LOL! Well just tell your other voice to kick rocks! Remember nothing taste as good as "skinny" feels. LOL!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Both of mine call me a pathetic failure. One yells when I eat what I shouldn't, and the other screams if I fail a PR attempt on a lift. It makes for excellent motivation, really. I am blessed to not have an "it's okay to suck" voice.
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...I know that voice so damn much. It says bad things and let me do unhealthy stuff....I thought about shooting it...but its in my head, so.....:grumble: