Post pregnancy weight

Options
When do you think you should weigh yourself after pregnancy as a starting weight?

Replies

• HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That is really up to you. I have seen everything from the first day home from the hospital to 6 weeks. To motivate my big tail to lose the baby weight, I started from what my exact weight was the day I went into the hospital. I gained 50 lbs this past pregnancy and in 11 months have lost it all and then some. Some may not agree with using that start weight because of baby, fluids, yada yada yada, but With three kids (two back to back), I have never fully lost baby weight and I needed to be reminded of where I started. This has motivated me to lose all my prior baby weight, which is about 45-50 lbs.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I was about 140 when I got pregnant, dropped to 133 with morning sickness and dared not look at the scale after I saw 196 but by the time I came home from the hospital (3 days after I had the baby) I was 185, I gained way too much but seeing that quick drop motivated me.
  • HotMess6
    HotMess6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was pretty much weighing every couple of days and when I saw the scale stop, at about 2 weeks, I decided that would be my starting weight.